Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671262 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12960 on: December 10, 2015, 04:07:22 am »
Ya we will miss you Matt, talked to Gary yesterday, he is planning on coming if all goes well and he thinks it will. :) Said he needed some time away and I am sure he does. No hunting yesterday had to go to the eye doctor, good news my eyes haven't changed much since my last visit 2 years ago. Finely good news. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12961 on: December 11, 2015, 03:35:29 am »
FRIDAY,YES. I am headed to a Safety committee Breakfast at 7 am this morning and the good news it that will end my day, ;) then headed home to gather some stuff and then to the farm. I plan on hunting but just ant been feeling it lately, the weather is warm and I have a few projects that are calling my name so we will see. :-\ I started another ax handle last evening out of Osage to mount the old ax head we found on the farm I plan on finishing that up and tillering on the Osage I am making for KY Dave. Other than that the weekend is open.
 Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #12962 on: December 11, 2015, 08:48:40 am »
Have a good one Pappy!  ;).... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline iowabow

« Reply #12963 on: December 12, 2015, 08:54:59 am »
wish I lived closers so we could hang out more
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12964 on: December 12, 2015, 01:46:10 pm »
wish I lived closers so we could hang out more

When you get your workshed finished and start building up your Twin Hackberry's Iowa Classic, you will have to invite Pappy up for the event.  Fair's fair, it's just as far from Burliington IA to Pappy's as it is from Pappy's to Burlington!!

Pappy...Doncha just wish you could get that axe head to talk?  What tales it might spin about those that walked that land before...especially, how it came to be where it was when you found it.  I have an axe like that.  Found the head in the Black Hills National Forest in an area that does not look like it had been logged in close to a hundred years (and there is precious little of that in the Black Hills National Forest).  The stumps in this area are all about 3 ft tall off the ground.  That's a hallmark of two man buck saws!  It is deeply pitted from years out in all seasons.  I cleaned up the cutting edge and followed the original bevel carefully.  The bit was good and hard, forge welded to soft iron for the rest of the head....very old school. 

Life IS good.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12965 on: December 14, 2015, 04:24:02 am »
Yes I do JW. ;) Had a great weekend, very little hunting but lots of activity in and around the Shop. we had a good meeting Saturday to catch up and make some plans for the up coming year and lots of Bow/ax/knife and wood cutting going on. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Bill and Linda putting some fake snake skins on the bows Bill made for Linda's grandsons. GregB putting another knife together, he is using the drill press as a press to push it all together, use what you have to work with I always say. ;) :) Sally still cleaning up bones, she has them hid every where. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:51:24 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12966 on: December 14, 2015, 04:27:05 am »
Bill doing some napping, he is making the heads for the trophies for the Classic. Thanks Bill. ;)
 Me starting the ax handle for the old head found in the woods above the cabin. This one is Osage. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12967 on: December 14, 2015, 04:31:15 am »
Ax finished all but the sealer. Bill and Linda replacing the wheelbarrow handle in the one we keep by the fire pit. Mike Conkle and GregB came by for a visit in between morning and evening hunts. Good to see him he is a great young man.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12968 on: December 14, 2015, 04:33:58 am »
Chuck with his reflex/deflex bow shooting, turned out nice also he got him a new hand ax very nice and balanced also. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12969 on: December 14, 2015, 04:37:01 am »
Will getting his chain saw ready for some action, Will's Dad working on a hand ax he is making :) :) Starting to get the wood pile back in shape, got a long way to go but it's a start. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12970 on: December 14, 2015, 04:39:16 am »
Chuck tuning some arrows for a Christmas present. Bill doing some ax sharping and also getting some handle making lessons from Will. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12971 on: December 14, 2015, 04:41:43 am »
More handle lessons. ;) :) A very nice set of knives Scott was showing off. Me starting to long string tiller on my Osage bow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12972 on: December 14, 2015, 04:43:46 am »
Stuff starting to come together and some shooting the bull around the fire, always have to have some of that. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12973 on: December 14, 2015, 04:47:21 am »
Case having some fun with the Australian telephone and he also discovered my sling, he is getting pretty good with both.  ;) That's it for this week. Hope yall had a good one also. :) :)
Life is Good. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #12974 on: December 14, 2015, 04:51:36 am »
As always, it looks like great fun Pappy - Thanks for posting ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.