Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671259 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Life is good
« Reply #12990 on: December 17, 2015, 12:07:46 pm »
Hey Pappy!  I got a friend with a large woodworking shop at his house and his wife used to whine like a mosquito in heat about how he spent all his time out there making sawdust.  So, one year for a New Year's Resolution, he promised to stop playing with his tools for 6 wks and spend time with the Missus.  She was so touched, that she got up early the next morning to make him his favorite breakfast.  He basked in the love and attention and buttermilk pancakes while she sat across the table from him, asking if he needed his coffee warmed up. When they were finished, he asked what was for lunch...and dinner that night.  Later that day, he told her that he missed her German chocolate cakes, and how her cooking was so much nicer than any of the restaurants they had been frequently going to. 

Four days later, she started complaining that the furniture store  bought coffee table in the living room really didn't match the three very fine end tables he had made the year before and that it would be nice if the whole room matched.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12991 on: December 18, 2015, 03:54:31 am »
Jep ,I hear yall, Miss Joanie just says, I could be doing a lot worse things and lets it go at that. ;) :) I also tried the staying around the house thing once, it didn't go so well. ;) She has her space and I have mine. Works for us. ;) Friday and I got lots planned for the weekend. I had a little procedure yesterday at the Doc.'s  :-[ so just getting to eat again and slept most of yesterday so I am playing catch up now. Nothing really pressing to do but I miss my daily routine . :) I plan on trying to hunt a bit and still have the Osage to tiller along with a couple more splitting maul handles to make. I may not get to all of it but at least I have a plan. ;) :)
Beau is off today and plans to hunt so if it goes like it has been going lately for him I will have deer to skin and cut up when I get to the cabin. He is luckier that a S#^((  house rat and always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Miss Joanie says he had a good teacher, I'm not so sure about that. :-\ Hope yall have a good one , See ya Monday. :)
Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12992 on: December 18, 2015, 07:16:05 am »
Good luck! My season sucks so far this year. between Tenn, SC, and Ga last weekend I've driven 2700 miles this year and seen three deer, all at your place. At least our season goes till Feb 22.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:13:24 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12993 on: December 18, 2015, 07:58:13 am »
You are welcome back up anytime Eddie. Slip away the week after Christmas, need some southern boys to off set the Yankee invasion.  :) I was wondering if you done any good in NC, never heard so assumed you didn't. :( Beau is in the stand right now, I think the Honey hole if I was a betting man. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #12994 on: December 20, 2015, 07:22:00 am »
Good luck! My season sucks so far this year. between Tenn, SC, and Ga last weekend I've driven 2700 miles this year and seen three deer, all at your place. At least our season goes till Feb 22.
Eddie if you want to see deer you are invited to my place next year. Southeast Iowa has some of the largest deer in the nation.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12995 on: December 20, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »
Thanks, Mark and John. I think I'll have to be hunting here the rest of this season. Since I'm buying property in SC I'm not sure how much running back and forth up there I'll have to do to get it settled. John, I'll deffinately think about the invite.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12996 on: December 21, 2015, 04:09:33 am »
Great weekend, no deer/close but no cigar. ??? Had a good time around the shop, we had a bunch down. You would have thought we were having a meeting but it was just everyone wanting to wish us a Merry Christmas. ;) :) Mostly worked on ax and maul handles and just a bit of other things that came up. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Beau sitting by the fire trying to figure out why he missed a deer at 4 yards. ??? :-\ :) I told him I don't know why but it happens. :) Bill gets chains ready for more wood cutting, he is a cutting machine. He can cut wood almost as fast as Burn um up Chuck can burn it. :) Me putting some sealer on the last 2 ax handles. Turned out nice.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:52:08 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12997 on: December 21, 2015, 04:11:52 am »
Sally still cleaning deer leg bones, not sure how many she has buried. My next projects/maul handles. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12998 on: December 21, 2015, 04:14:24 am »
Some of Beau's reading while in the stand ;) Looks like a good book, and me making a seat top for one of our old camp fire stools, Walnut, I have a bunch of that around since the timber work I had done. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:53:24 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12999 on: December 21, 2015, 04:18:24 am »
Stool ready all but sanding and sealing. Jon showed up with some really nice Christmas presents for me and Miss Joanie. Thanks Jon and by the way Miss Joanie love them. ;) You will probably get a big hung next time she sees you. ;) Me cutting up some splatted maple. Waste not want not, they will make some very nice handles and such.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13000 on: December 21, 2015, 04:22:50 am »
Maple planked out. Some of the ax's I have been working on and handle fitted to my maul, it is Carrot wood Eddie gave me a few years back, seems to be pretty good wood but kind of light, we will see how it hold up splitting wood.  ;):)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13001 on: December 21, 2015, 04:24:47 am »
Will getting into the handle thing, he done a nice job on his small sledge hammer. Bill just hanging out. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13002 on: December 21, 2015, 04:27:15 am »
Just hanging out and Chuck and Michael putting the finishing touches on some Christmas presents they have made for some kids, beautiful work that I am sure the kids will enjoy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13003 on: December 21, 2015, 04:29:39 am »
Michael's kids Osage bow finished. Me doing some sanding on my Carrot wood maul handle and Chuck trying out his new ax. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13004 on: December 21, 2015, 04:32:40 am »
More hanging out by the fire. Bill sanding and getting ready to put the finish on his James Parker bow, looking good. My next maul handle laid out. This one is Hickory. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:55:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good