Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670980 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13065 on: January 11, 2016, 05:02:11 am »
I am getting quite the collection on ax/mauls and sledges. ??? Linda and Bill and his Christmas gift to her, they make a fine couple and I wish them the best. ;) :) My sledge handle finished and ready to seal. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13066 on: January 11, 2016, 05:04:15 am »
3 more to go as of now. ;) :) Getting set up for some meat grinding and brat stuffing, thanks Kevin/Rocky for all the advice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13067 on: January 11, 2016, 05:08:34 am »
More set up and of course some testing. ;D  Beau and I had a great time doing this and came up with 140+ brats and 10 - 1 & 1/2  lb bags of sausage.  ;) Plus 11 lbs of Back strap and inner loin we didn't grind. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13068 on: January 11, 2016, 05:10:55 am »
Some stuffing. Of course you couldn't have a squirrel hunt without squirrel gumbo, Grant hooked us up with that.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13069 on: January 11, 2016, 05:13:32 am »
More wood cutting and Chuck helping out Wyatt with his new Hickory bow, he is a new comer to selfbow and I think him and his Dad Jamie are hooked.  ;) Scott trying out his new bow. shoots nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13070 on: January 11, 2016, 05:16:51 am »
Chuck getting Wyatt started on his Hickory and just some hanging out by the fire. We decided to cut a big Ash that was leaning over the shooting area, once we decide it don't take long to get it done. ;) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13071 on: January 11, 2016, 05:24:41 am »
Ash cut/split and put in the pile. A new fire side seat Bill made for us from a white oak stump, waste not want not, it turned out pretty cool. Thanks Bill for the idea. ;) I branded it with the branding Iron Cracker made for us several years back. :) Case's deer, old gimpy. Been seeing her all season but couldn't get a shot, notice how her left legs is bent and stiff, can't wait to skin he and see what the problem was.  she actually got around pretty good on 3 legs but if you had to take one out she was a good choice. Nice 110 lb doe.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13072 on: January 11, 2016, 05:31:43 am »
I know for you Northern and western boys this ant much snow but we woke up Sunday morning to cold and snow at least cold for us Tennessee folks. :) Also had quite the adventure getting Case's deer out, it was raining and sloppy in the woods, I went in the Kobota to get it and slid off in a gully, laid it over on it side, :-[ lucky I managed to jump out without getting hurt to bad. :-\ Just jammed a thumb and a little sore but other than that no worse for wear. Took the wench and stood it back upright and then had to get Kevin/Scott to come over with my Dodge 4x4 and pull me up out of the woods, yep that is what memories are made of, we will laugh about it in a few years. :-\ Hope yall had a good one. I know I did. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:47:12 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13073 on: January 11, 2016, 10:06:51 am »
Dang Pappy, sure glad your okay next time ya better take the mule when it,s slick out, the four legged type. Glad to see you getting some yankee opps I mean weather, We got hammered  last nite dropped to 11 degrees with some ruff winds, not to much snow this morning about 6" rest must of blown away :o  Perfect weather for me to get busy on some hide work and I also got a strip canoe about 1/2 done.  Pappy I have a 1720 Ford and always scared me on th e side hill stuff, I always try and keep front bucket low a lot of the sub compact tractors seem narrow to me. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13074 on: January 11, 2016, 10:24:19 am »
I hear ya Bob, I was in my Kobota ATV 9000 not a tractor, I have been in some pretty bad places with it in the past 9 or 10 years I have had it and really didn't think you could turn it over, it has such a low end gravity and wide wheel base but as in a lot of other things, I was wrong. ??? Learned a good lesson and lived through it so I will try and do better now that I got a second chance, some aren't so lucky. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13075 on: January 11, 2016, 06:24:49 pm »
wow, I thought you were on your  tractor.  My son and I were just talking how we get complacent and if were lucky we get a wake up call, They had a close one at work, Just simply put the extra bucket up on the bank and clean up, bucket slipped out of thumb and rolled back in ditch with one man in manhole the other in the ditch box, could have been real bad real quick.
Sure glad ya only hurt your pride, it will heal real quick. Just came in and thought I heard something, I did bottom just fell out of thermometer 12 deg at sundown and clear and dropping fast, gonna be a 3 dog nite. :o :o Later Bob

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13076 on: January 11, 2016, 08:01:24 pm »
Pappy:  There are some Cardinal rules with side by sides and ATVs.  1.  Don't try to side hill! Go straight up and straight down.  2.  Don't go down a hill you can't get back up!  3.  If it looks dangerous it probably is!  This is the wisdom gained from rolling 5 ATVS with my wife involved on two of them.  We live in some rough country and these roll overs always occur in the back country.  If you want to find out what you have loaded in your vehicle just roll it down the mountain side 4 or 5 times.  We had a little platform built onto the gas tank for our little dog to ride on.  Got so bad if he could see trouble coming he would bail!  Glad you came out without major injuries!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13077 on: January 12, 2016, 04:24:54 am »
Glad to hear You're OK Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13078 on: January 12, 2016, 04:26:55 am »
Thanks guys, ya I have a new rule, don't go into the wood your aren't real familiar with at nigh in the rain and snow. ;) :) I am still a little sore in places I didn't know I had but it's all good. Looked over the Kobota yesterday and all it seems to have done was bend the tail gate in a little at the top so I am happy about that, it is the work horse for TwinOaks and be hard to get along without it being up in good shape.  ;)We split some more wood yesterday ,aw that may be part of the reason I am sore but the wood stash is looking good. Case gave me the doe he killed so now if the temps will rise a little and I get to where I think I can pull on a hide I have one more deer to process this year, great to have good friends ant it. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:52:03 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13079 on: January 13, 2016, 04:02:59 am »
Very cold again this morning but it is supposed to warm up quick so I plan on skinning and boning the deer this evening. All the guys are still in the wood cutting mode so may do some of that also. ;) You can never have to much fire wood around that place. ;)I have 3 more ax handles to do and 1 bow to finish tillering but I am getting in the mood to start some brain tanning, I plan on laying out the brains and maybe get started on a couple this weekend. :) I have 10 or 12 in rawhide form now so I plan on starting with them before I do anymore racking and scrapping. I have a bunch in the freezer that needs that, but really want to clean up what I have ready to tan first.  :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good