Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671217 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13485 on: May 09, 2016, 05:09:47 am »
Missed you also Tomi, but I understand. Their will always be more Classic but grand kids don't stay kids long. ;) :) I had a good weekend. Very relaxing and even got to shoot the course before we tore it down. ;) :) Got some more straightening up and putting up done and that was about it. Great weekend with my dogs and shooting. A few pictures. Some gifts I sorted through. Bow vice from DaveO/bench from some friends in WI. Fire cooking set from Eddie[Mullet] and a bow sock from Dan Price's wife. Thank yall very much. Very generous. :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13486 on: May 09, 2016, 05:12:27 am »
 Sister is really started to find  her way around.The Jon stone napping, I will put them in a shadow box and add them to the napping pit. We also got in 70 new targets for the IBO world, we got some different ones this time so we should be able to set up a really cool range for the event. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13487 on: May 09, 2016, 05:16:42 am »
New for this year, Jackalope and Hogzilla. Bill working on another ax handle and then some time shooting on the range for us that didn't get to shoot at the Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13488 on: May 09, 2016, 05:20:42 am »
Me and Sister on the course ,some shooting , It was a very nice course.Then some arrow work for Brandon, he was raised at the club[Don's son] but now has gotten old enough to become a regular member and a good one he is. :) We needed some young blood and he fits the bill nicely. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13489 on: May 09, 2016, 05:23:18 am »
Some kids bow work, My new handle in an ax Gary Davis gifted me.  ;) :)Also some new additions to or Wall and some time with my dogs. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13490 on: May 09, 2016, 05:29:35 am »
Sally and Sister are a hoot to watch, they really get along good, Sally treats he like her baby and is teaching her the ropes. Hope yall had a good weekend, I know I did and really needed it after last week. ;) :)
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #13491 on: May 09, 2016, 09:15:26 am »
Nice pics pappy,  sure missed you guys this year. You  need to get your pup on some rabbits! She is about the age that I start taking mine out to the bush.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13492 on: May 09, 2016, 10:20:50 am »
Missed you also Patrick, I am trying to keep her off the rabbits, I plan on making a deer tracking dog out of her. ;) :) I raised them for years but have been without one for 4 or 5 years now and really want another. I think she will be good for that and not as hard to leash train or handle on a leash in the woods as the Red bones I always used before. Getting to old and slow to handle them big dogs anymore. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13493 on: May 09, 2016, 10:29:09 am »
That picture of all the targets laying down looks like an animal massacre scene.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #13494 on: May 10, 2016, 12:13:38 am »
Missed you also Patrick, I am trying to keep her off the rabbits, I plan on making a deer tracking dog out of her. ;) :) I raised them for years but have been without one for 4 or 5 years now and really want another. I think she will be good for that and not as hard to leash train or handle on a leash in the woods as the Red bones I always used before. Getting to old and slow to handle them big dogs anymore. ;) :) :)
 Pappy

Thats cool pappy! You sound like some of those Georgia boy I used to sell my beagles to that I couldn't break from running deer. Them guys sure loved their deer hounds!
I'm a beagle nut myself,  but I train them to run the fur right off the rabbits. Makes cleaning them easier when you hungry!  :laugh:

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13495 on: May 10, 2016, 04:03:41 am »
Ya Patrickit is illegal to run deer in TN. I use them for tracking wounded deer and they have to be on a leash. :) Clint, Miss Joanie loves her table you gave her. I moved it to the back deck by the pool yesterday for her. Prefect, Thanks. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #13496 on: May 10, 2016, 08:20:32 am »
Same here pappy.  :laugh:

Patrick

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13497 on: May 10, 2016, 01:59:47 pm »
Glad she likes the table.  It should last for a good long time.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13498 on: May 12, 2016, 04:40:19 am »
Forever Clint  ;) :) Well things are about back to normal. Sally and Sister are getting back to the normal life and so am I. I started on some more horn Cups yesterday, gave mine away at the Classic ??? I must have been drinking or something. :-\ Also doing some work on my ElmHall Elm bow. Hope to have it shooting in a week or so.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13499 on: May 13, 2016, 04:26:14 am »
Friday and as usual headed to the cabin when I get away from here. We got a few plans for the weekend. We plan on getting all the targets in and inventoried from the Classic and work on the ranges to prepare for the IBO World but other than that I hope to get in some shop time in. I have 2 Horn cups in the works and also 2 bows ready to start tillering so plenty to do if I get around to it. Also last weekend for Turkey so since I haven't been since opening Morning I may give that a shot in the morning. :-\ Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good