Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669959 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13845 on: September 06, 2016, 04:34:04 am »
I stayed on the Tractor bushhogging 7 hours Friday and about 5 hours Saturday but did find some time in the evening to work up 3 more Sour wood arrows/Turkey feathers and trade points, they fly like a dart and should do the Job in a couple of weeks given the chance.  ;) :) :) Sister just resting in he favorite seat one of [Kennan's bow work benches.  ;) :) Bubba my old Cat use to love that seat also. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13846 on: September 06, 2016, 04:39:46 am »
Arrows ready ,  ;) Beau and I put up 5 stands Monday and took time to do some scouting, some folks love food plots/baiting/salt or mineral licks to get on deer , :) I prefer this last picture to draw deer in range. ;) Beau also pulled the cards out of 3 cameras he had set. Had 42 on one of them 24 on another and 104 on the third so if we don't at least see Deer something bad is wrong. :-\ Hope yall had a good one also. ;) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13847 on: September 06, 2016, 04:52:56 am »
Sorry one last picture, Matt called me yesterday, he was doing his first dry scrape of a hide, he wasn't real  happy with how it turned out for a first try by yourself I think he did fine, their is a learning curve to it and with the heat makes it even tougher. Nice job Matt. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #13848 on: September 06, 2016, 09:25:47 am »
Had an awesome time this weekend Pappy.

Here's a quick video of the pistol firing. Will upload the others later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjgXtGNWQn0

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13849 on: September 06, 2016, 09:47:59 am »
Cool video Little John, thanks for sharing :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13850 on: September 06, 2016, 04:06:29 pm »
Hey, Thanks Mark for the kind words on my first hide.  I learned a lot.  Hide #2 will be better... I hope.   ;) ::) :laugh:
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13851 on: September 07, 2016, 03:38:34 am »
O ya they get better and they get easier, not easy but easier. :) as Jesse use to tell me in his unique
speech " it's all about technique Pappy " Miss that boy. ;) :) Got my new sour wood shafts shot yesterday after getting them all finished up, man they fly good but really heavy. I really like between 525 and 575 grain but these came in about 660 grains. They hit with a wallop but really drop after about 18 yards, they should be fine, most deer I kill are at 2 to 10 yards anyway but you know a guy likes to keep his options open.  ;):)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #13852 on: September 07, 2016, 06:12:31 am »
Nice vid  :) with the pistol
Del
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:16:56 am by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13853 on: September 09, 2016, 03:50:43 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin as soon as I can get away from here, looking forward to it. We have the 24th White tail Classic Saturday, it is a fun little laid back shoot that I get to see a lot of my old hunting buddies that I only see a few times a year, then in the afternoon we have the TwinOaks Bash, it is sort of our last big get together with family and friends before the season kicks off. ;) Great food by us and the ladies and usually a little camp fire music , generally just hanging out and shooting the bull. I have a few projects to pittle with but mostly just getting all my gear [bows,arrows ] ready for the 24th. Hope yall have a great weekend also. ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #13854 on: September 09, 2016, 06:46:49 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin as soon as I can get away from here, looking forward to it. We have the 24th White tail Classic Saturday, it is a fun little laid back shoot that I get to see a lot of my old hunting buddies that I only see a few times a year, then in the afternoon we have the TwinOaks Bash, it is sort of our last big get together with family and friends before the season kicks off. ;) Great food by us and the ladies and usually a little camp fire music , generally just hanging out and shooting the bull. I have a few projects to pittle with but mostly just getting all my gear [bows,arrows ] ready for the 24th. Hope yall have a great weekend also. ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
sounds like a real fun weekend lineup.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13855 on: September 09, 2016, 07:23:24 am »
I'm sure that's more relaxing than a lot of your other meets Pappy. It's nice to have smaller get togethers that you actually have time to mingle with the guests. Happy Hunting
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13856 on: September 09, 2016, 02:14:45 pm »
Sounds like a good weekend, tell everybody i said hi.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13857 on: September 12, 2016, 03:58:11 am »
Yes it was a very good weekend, had a good shoot 82 shooters, 27 teams with one left over so that is about like normal for this event. Didn't get much done in the shop, seems everyone is getting ready for opening season so lots of fine tuning and shooting going on. The we had the TwinOaks Bash Saturday evening and man what a feed. ;) :) Good time had by all. :) Here is a few pictures. My girls and getting all my stuff laid out for the season coming soon. ;) :) Bows and arrows ready for action. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:08:17 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13858 on: September 12, 2016, 03:59:37 am »
More stuff  :-\ and Jon and Dan working on there bows and set ups. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13859 on: September 12, 2016, 04:03:35 am »
Had some friends come in for the shoot from Jackson,TN. Great bunch of firefighters that had made the Classic this year for the first time and just wanted to come back, great having them . All my arrows ready. A knife blank Jon gifted me, guess I will get on that soon. Some of Dan's new arrows, he just can't make enough, he should have plenty for the year. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good