Author Topic: East meets West Bow (not BOM)  (Read 12040 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Re: East meets West Bow (not BOM)
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 10:55:12 pm »
Rich..That is one SWEET bow. And a piece of insperation. I told myself i was'nt going to try another for a while. But that one got my mouth to watering ;D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline gothmog

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 10:53:38 am »
Rich, nice job my friend!  They look like great performers as always.  You never disappoint!

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 11:02:09 am »
Rich- You're the man!  That is one cool bow!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline half eye

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 01:58:17 pm »
Thanks fellas, means a lot comin from a nice buch of guys. Workin on version number 2 of the walnut bow.....and sent the #1 out for a torture test.....we'll see how it does in the real world, eh?
rich

kinkfeather

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 06:22:16 pm »
i love seeing you guys building new designs thats why it is so much fun.hope to get back in it soon.kink

Offline Postman

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 11:50:12 pm »
Congrats on 2 more beauties   -  way to inspire us to think outta the box!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline JBL

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 12:09:59 am »
I was just on a Hungarian bowyers site and he has a "new" bow that is based on what is believed to be the "true" Magyar design and your bow when at full draw shares a very similar profile.  Again just a great job.  I keep going back to the pictures and going onto other sites to see what profiles match your bow.  You are a GENIUS-just need to shoot with a thumb draw:)

Offline half eye

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 12:29:45 am »
Thanks again fellas, just maybe somebody gets an idea or two from these bows would be great. I did make a second walnut bow today but made one change....the working limbs are 2-1/2" at the grip fade and taper to 2" at the lever fade. The other difference is that I put my usual grip on it (3" flat and 1-1/2" fades) The working limbs were also slightly tapered in thickness....rough cut dimensions were 9/16 at the grip fade and 1/2" at the lever fade. To make a long story short, the bow come off the saw floor tillered to 20" and 10 pounds heavy....maybe took 30-40 strokes of the scraper and it was right where I needed it. Damnedest thing I ever saw!!!!!  Grease and pitch is settin up right now....will post pics tomorrow of #2....these things are pretty damned fast for only being about 50+ # @ 27"

JBL I've allways wanted to "thumb it" but only got small use of the right hand (and that dont include the thumb) so that's not gonna happen......but the good news is the 3 string hooks work GOOD

Offline walkabout

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2010, 03:07:44 pm »
very cool interpretations/hybrids. you certainly have a great ability to put ideas to work. as soon as i get some decent backing wood im going to have to try one of these designs myself. theyre right up there in my favorite designs and the only reason i havent done one is due to the lack of useable lumber in my area. im really amazed at the similarities of the molle and the "composites" in these examples, it definitly shows the similar influences spread across the globe early on.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2010, 07:14:52 pm »
Richard uve made some fine bows in the past but every time i get online to see ur work u always amaze me!  I love this bow and the finish is awesome!  I'll give u a call here shortly!  Talk to u soon!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline bubby

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 02:20:44 am »
sweet looking bows Rich, look like meat getters, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 09:58:59 pm »
Man Rich....the more I see them the more I like them.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II