Author Topic: the balance in life?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Kitsu

• Räven bakom masken
the balance in life?
« on: December 10, 2010, 10:49:20 pm »
Well... i haven't been very happy for a while, and when i got the bow from a trade with hammertime, i was very happy, was an amazing feeling, i sold a kids bow to a guy near me who now gave me an endless variety of maple boards i can pick through, and 20 dollars (only because he insisted on paying me).

now for the fun part, today, about 20 minutes ago, my computer overheated while i was typing up a blog entry for my economics class, it went straight to black without warning,  it is officially fried, motherboard is cracked beyond repair, i do not know when, but the fan stopped working...

i may or may not be able to talk much on the forum anymore, for now at least, i need to find another job, i cant live without a computer...  now i am down over 200 for a digital camera, and god knows how much a decent computer will be.... both my parents are flat broke and i am going to have to deal with it... they already told me, i am going to have to wait until money isn't as tight before they can get anything for anyone

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:55:20 pm by Hawkeyes »
"If you open your mind for me
You won't rely on open eyes to see
The walls you build within come tumbling down
And a new world will begin" ----- Queensryche, "Silent Lucidity

R.H , Southeastern PA/Western PA.

Offline cracker

Re: the balance in life?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 11:18:43 pm »
My sympathies to you I been down that road before to quote Joe Dirt failure is not a option you gotta keep on keepin on. Do all you can to improve you're situation and gradually it will get better.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Kitsu

• Räven bakom masken
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 11:32:46 pm »
My sympathies to you I been down that road before to quote Joe Dirt failure is not a option you gotta keep on keepin on. Do all you can to improve you're situation and gradually it will get better.Ronnie

easier said than done, but... im a fighter. i wont just give up....

Offline NTD

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 11:50:55 pm »
Tragedy like this just gives you practice for the REAL tragedies ;)  Believe me someday this won't have even been a bump in the road for you.  Good luck with finding work, just remember no job is beneath you.
Nate Danforth

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 12:10:48 am »
Hang in there Bro, Check Craigslist if you can, sometimes can find a good one for fairly cheap.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 12:29:43 am »
...or local good will or other thrift stores.  Your local public library has computers for public use.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 04:43:23 pm »
I just traded a dozen custom arrows for an 8 yr old Dell that is in great shape.  The owner even wiped it and re-installed all the software for me so that it was back up to normal operating speeds.

Here's hoping you can find a deal as sweet as that...or even better!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Kitsu

• Räven bakom masken
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 02:30:03 pm »
I just traded a dozen custom arrows for an 8 yr old Dell that is in great shape.  The owner even wiped it and re-installed all the software for me so that it was back up to normal operating speeds.

Here's hoping you can find a deal as sweet as that...or even better!

my friend said i can borrow his old one, it is a clunker, 2 dead fans so i am going to have to put a regular fan near it to keep it stable. he said that it is only to borrow, i cannot keep it, and he wants the parts from my old computer to upgrade that one, i figure it is worth it, since i do not know how long i will be keeping it, and i was about to throw everything (but the harddrives)  from the old computer out anyway ;D