Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-o-Rama: July 27, 2007
  • Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 27, 2007
  • Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 28, 2007
  • Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 29, 2007

Author Topic: Patty's camp-o-rama and primitive skills weekend And Birthday Bash  (Read 109934 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Patty's camp-o-rama and primitive skills weekend
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2007, 10:56:20 am »
Yeah, we might have to kidnap you.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2007, 11:01:10 am »
Jamie, You HAVE to go it is PAT'S BIG BIRTHDAY weekend! 
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline sonny

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2007, 01:01:36 pm »
hmmmm, just over 400 miles to Brevard from here.... and didn't make it to Hickory. will have to give this some serious thought.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Patty's camp-o-rama and primitive skills weekend And Birthday Bash
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2007, 11:37:58 am »

I'm not quite sure, but have a sneaking suspicion that "Life is Good!" down around Pat's neck of the woods just the same as Pappy's place!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2007, 12:38:55 pm »
Greg, Not qiuite as good as what Pappy has but not to shabby, if I say so myself! ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2007, 11:33:21 am »
I am ready I am ready. Is it time yet?  I wanna sit around all weekend makin bows and arrows.. Wait a minute ...I do that anyways... Well i am ready for new company and makin new friends...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2007, 12:24:43 pm »
Nugget, It's getting close. I'll have directions for ya'll soon.   Do you know where the Asheville airport is just off I-26. I'll give directions from there. I'm almost as excited as you. So far we have about 10 or so coming. Should be a blast.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2007, 07:00:17 pm »
no not familiar with that area. get me close and i wiil find it.. or give me your address and i will map quest it.. here or on email..
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2007, 11:04:20 pm »
    Well ,the wife caught wind of this.And guess what? her best friend lives in Asheville.Sooo,looks like a road trip is in the making.I have a month to work it out at the office so I'll see you guy's at the Old Codgers Birthday Bash  ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2007, 12:04:03 am »
Cool Eddie. I'm happy to hear you're coming.    Pat

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2007, 04:06:22 pm »
Looks like we have about 12 folks coming, as of now.  ;D  My wife and I will prepare supper(chicken spegetti) for Friday night but if everyone would bring something (venison, taters, onions, carrots, etc) for Saturday night we will try a pot luck like what Pappy had at the Tenn. Classic. ;D   Other than that, please bring what you will want to eat in the mornings and for lunch. We can always do a community breakfast if ya'll want to. I will have plenty of good old mountain water for drinking (branch water when needed ;D) but please BYOB et al. 
   I have dispatched 2 copperheads(small but mean) and 1 yellow jacket nest where the camp-o-rama will be so come prepared for such things. Also, this has been an unusually tick-ful year for us. Permanone spray or other insect repellants are recommended.
   Looking forward to seeing all of you guys there. It is gonna be a fun filled weekend! ;)    Pat

DBernier

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2007, 09:38:27 pm »
Hey that is a good idea for the evening meals. If Jamie and or another long distance driver comes and wants to take advantage of my camper, I have room for two more. You don't even need a sleeping bag or pillow. Just ask Pat or Marius.  ;D

Dick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2007, 01:41:06 am »
Comfort Inn!  ;)     Pat

DBernier

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2007, 09:53:29 am »
Pat, I will be bringing my Dutch oven and my 5 quart cast iron casserole pot. Don't have any irons to hang some pots though. This is going to be cool.

Dick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2007, 10:33:33 am »
Dick has offered to make a chicken and sausage casserole for Friday nights supper so those of you coming won't have to think about what to eat when you get here. Kitchen will be open all night if needed...of course you may have to help yourselves if you're too late getting there. ;D   Saturday night is still up for grabs. Are ya'll up for a pot luck?   
   For those interested in bow building, please bring what tools you may have and if possible a shaving(bow building) horse. If you don't have any of these things don't worry, we will have tools and a work bench for you to use.      Pat