Author Topic: 3D Pictures added :) Shot Video "First" stave advise  (Read 7348 times)

Offline half eye

Re: Pics and Video added "First" stave advise
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 09:40:02 am »
That is a very fine bow sir....Your arc of circle is "perfect". Dont get too excited about some sting follow with any bow that short pullin that far....like the other fellas said, go shoot it and enjoy it.....it's a beaut.
rich

Offline coaster500

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 03:12:54 pm »
Thanks Rich.. you are one of the reasons I thought it could be done... you are a short bow factory!!!  Maybe next time I'll hit weight?
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline johnston

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 05:35:54 pm »
Coaster I am late to the thread but really like your bow . Turned out pretty and hey, everyone needs a lite bow on hand.

As to short bow kings well the old yankee and the Georgia boy are at the top but let us not forget Zoltan.

I too have smoked mulberry. Kinda strong and hard to keep lit and well that's all I remember.

Lane

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 05:47:20 pm »
Nice bow coaster! I like the video but it would be nice if it was a little longer, maybe a few more arrows shot ;D ;) sorry I just like videos. Again nice job! and it does look like it spits an arrow out pretty fast. Thanks for shareing with us!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline coaster500

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 10:59:10 pm »
Elktracker have you ever tried to download a video with photobucket? With my old computer it takes forever. If I make them very short it really cuts the download time :)

I haven’t finished the little bow yet and am trying different handle Ideas. I used a thread and I want to apologize upfront as I can't remember who posted it :(  ... anyway that person build the back of a bendy handle with pieces of leather and crazy glue. They them shaped it and wrapped it with leather. Well it works pretty well. I am trying to make a rest out of the same antler from my first whitetail. I don't have it shooting as well off the rest as my knuckle but I think it's a height adjustment or the fact I'm trying to get it to work with the natural point (probably won't work but I though it would look cool), we will see.

The only thing that is permanent at this point is the build up on the back…. 

Still experimenting……

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:03:27 pm by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 11:12:57 pm »
Very nice work. Enjoy your bow in good health. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 11:19:49 pm »
That last picture is really nice.  Very attractive bow.  You've done super.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline coaster500

Re: 3D Pictures added :) Shot Video "First" stave advise
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2011, 04:59:43 pm »
Took the little Mulberry to the range....  These arrows are way to stiff but the flu flu feathers helped....  Need to get some lighter arrows........

Offline coaster500

Re: 3D Pictures added :) Shot Video "First" stave advise
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »
Thank you Scott for your observation....  you are 100% right the rest did not work well so I changed it to a flat rest and it still did not shoot that well. It is now without a rest at all and shoots off the knuckle much better. When I get some arrows that are spined right I am really interested in seeing how it shoots....

Thanks again