Author Topic: what should i keep in my truck?  (Read 10025 times)

Offline recurve shooter

what should i keep in my truck?
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:42:20 pm »
Hi guys. bought my first truck a couple months ago, little chevy s10 extended cab 4-banger. its a pittiful little vehicle compared to the full grown chevys i was used to. but its in great shape, runs like a top, good gass milage, and, most importatly, its MINE!  ;D

anyway, im messin around with it today, cleanin some junk out, and trying to figure out what junk to put back in. my question is, what do you guys think would be smart to carry around with you? im thinkin maby a change or two of clothes, as well as personal stuff, deo, toothbrush, razor, ect. maby a box of ammo for my most commonly used guns, incase i do something like forget my ammo at home lol. a knife or two, some pine knot, lighters, fishin stuff, cane knife, a small tent, a big tarp, flash light.... if i can find one maby an M.R.E or two. but thats about all i can come up with, other than the obvious air compressor, some tools, spare tire, jack, lug wrench, ect.

you guys are always pretty good at knowing what would be good to have around, so im looking forward to seeing what els you guys would suggest i keep in the truck.

like i said its an extended cab and i have a tool box in the back so even though its a tiny truck i do have a bit of room.
lets just shoot it

Offline Stoker

Re: what should i keep in my truck?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »
Coupla things my dad always stressed.You are going to get stuck carry a shovel.A spare coat a warm hat and gloves.You might have to stay the night.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:45:52 pm »
Two or three cans of Fix-a-flat comes in real handy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:17:18 pm »
If you are in areas you may get stuck it doesnt hurt to have some water and food of some kind, I also keep a can of fix a flat. Durring hunting season I like to keep my truck as empty as possible as we have problems with break ins here when you leave your truck for long periods of time, so I usually leave a not in the window when im hunting that says " Hey John whent on a short walk be back in 15 minutes."  ;)

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline johnston

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 08:30:58 pm »
If you can keep gas in it you will be fine.

Lane

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 10:38:28 pm »
 I also have a Tupperware box with flashlight, tuna fish, raviolli, canned spagetti, bottled water, para-cord, Therma-cell fuel and pads,AAA batteries, 9volt battery and steel wool for fire starting, fishing kit, water bottle with filter kit, Duc tape, first aide kit and toliet paper. Also an axe and a small military shovel for that very rare occasion when a Jeep might get stuck.

Josh; you could change that note to,, " Guess how far I hunt from my truck, and what kind of scope I have?" ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:18:38 am by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 02:27:49 am »
Jumper cables and toilet paper...I carry a hatchet to, and some tools, w/ a hammer  and a bow saw, cuz trees come down on my road a lot. no seriously, they do.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 12:49:51 pm »
I also have a Tupperware box with flashlight, tuna fish, raviolli, canned spagetti, bottled water, para-cord, Therma-cell fuel and pads,AAA batteries, 9volt battery and steel wool for fire starting, fishing kit, water bottle with filter kit, Duc tape, first aide kit and toliet paper. Also an axe and a small military shovel for that very rare occasion when a Jeep might get stuck.

Josh; you could change that note to,, " Guess how far I hunt from my truck, and what kind of scope I have?" ;D
What he said!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 01:17:19 pm »
Aside from all the stuff the guys have mentioned an 8000 pound winch helps a ton pun intended. You never know when you might hit the unexpected stump hole a shovel will help but why sweat when you can just hook to a tree and press a button. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 03:37:43 pm »
I never leave home without a roll of toilet paper and some duct tape.  Never. 

Let's just say I learned some lessons the hard way.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 04:15:53 pm »

[/quote]
" Guess how far I hunt from my truck, and what kind of scope I have?" ;D

" Hey John whent on a short walk be back in 15 minutes."  ;)

best Idea ever! lol

ok so pretty much everything mullet said and tp, shovel, cables, fix-a-flat, my army blanket. anything els?
lets just shoot it

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 04:27:18 pm »
Pretty girl,if you can get her to stay in there!!!! >:D >:D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 05:55:17 pm »
Pliers, bailing wire and duct tape - that'll fix just about anything. Oh, and a cooler full of ice cold beverages :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »
LOts of ratchet straps and bungees. I use mine as much as I use the gas in the tank.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »
The only things that stay in my truck all the time are a shovel and a handyman jack.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah