Author Topic: Montana cabin burned up  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

Montana cabin burned up
« on: June 27, 2012, 07:00:54 pm »
there is an un contained fire burning 18k acres in roundup, montana. My cabin is right smack in the middle right in the forest.  So the cabin is gone. It sucks for sure but mostly glad we werent there.  my heart goes out to all the neighbors now. over 60 homes burned so far.  worst flood in history last year, worst fire this year. :(    Dont worry bout me or my family, we are out and didnt have any personal possessions there.  oddly enough i have accepted it well.  knew that was a possibility when i built it so i guess that prepared me for it a bit. so looks like i wont be finishing it now after all.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Montana cabin burned up
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 07:39:34 pm »
So sorry to hear that. I know how much work you put into your cabin.  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »
wow twistedlimbs-that really sucks
oh so sorry for all who lost their homes.
but man, i feel for you too!
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:01:18 pm »
Wow, glad you werent there!  Sorry bout the cabin though.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Dclarke

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:51 pm »
Sorry to hear about that
Glad you and yours are safe though

Offline seabass

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:54 pm »
sorry to hear that Ryan.you was building me some bows at the same time you was working on the cabin.i rememember you telling me when to call,because you would be working on it.i am so sorry this happened,but i am really glad you guys weren't there.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 02:07:14 am »
 :'( mother nature is cruel for shure hope everyone involved in the area is ok
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 02:58:46 am »
I hate that for you brother,but as already said,you were not there,and are safe. Thats the important thing. You can always build another cabin,we cant build another you.
 8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:38:26 pm by Rick Wallace »
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline johnston

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 06:05:05 am »
Truly hate that for you Ryan but I am glad you and yours are safe.

Lane

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 10:15:35 am »
Well Crap!
Hate to hear that.
That was one nice place you built.

Hope to build a small cabin of my own someday.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:47 am »
I really hate to hear that, Ryan, you worked real hard on that place. My wife has a lot of family in Colorodo that some of them has lost there houses and all have had to evacuate.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 11:43:00 am »
truly sorry for the loss Ryan.  I loved the pics you posted on it. Glad you are taking it so well, that is the biggest battle. prayers for your family and your neighbors.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:24:28 pm »
That really is too bad. There are a lot of fires out west right now. Interstate 15 was closed just up the road from us last night due to a fire that has taken several houses and cars. We have 6 in the state that are causing major problems including two deaths. The winds are making it even worse. And we have nothing compared to what Colorado is going through.

Lets keep the people in harms way in our hearts and prayers.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 12:55:42 pm »
i quit worrying about my place as soon as i saw pictures of my neighbors loading belongings in trucks as the fires were burning their barns and out buildings. I expected to see pictures like this but it hits a different spot when you have these peoples home phone number, drove past them and waved and new them all by first name.  some of the homes they showed were less than a mile from my place. i wouldnt expect to see pictures of my place as it was remote compared to these guys.  i worked with these same families last year when we were flooded out. we stacked sand bags together and spent days pulling each others trucks and tractors from the mud holes. I cant get in touch with any of them either as all they had were home phones b\c cell service didnt exist out there. as far as i know, everyone got out safe. i called the town hardware store where i know people and they said no casualties reported yet.  complete chaos 2 years in a row
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 03:25:30 pm »
that sucks! glad your safe
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"