Linked Events

• 16th Tennessee Classic : May 03, 2013 - May 05, 2013

Author Topic: 16th Tennessee Classic  (Read 137463 times)

Offline paulsemp

Re: 16th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:01 pm »
Cool news duck and Paul!

Paul Im at almost all the Michigan shoots. Im easy to spot, tall, fat beer gut, ugly and with a self bow in my hands or near by most often!
Oh yea, I am the same but short and bald

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2013, 07:50:44 pm »
Well, I been told I look like a cross between Matt Damon and Paul Newman, just not as tall or as handsome.

Actually more like a cross between Danny DeVito and Ernest Borgnine, just not as tall or as handsome.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2013, 09:56:10 am »
The first year Eddie came down,we got a suprise,he told us he was tall /dark and handsom ,with a full head of jet black hair. ;) ;D ;D ;D We didn't quite see it that way. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2013, 02:48:48 pm »
Does anyone want any linseed oil?  I have some from my grandpa's old shed.  I don't want it.  It is some old stuff but I think it is still good.  Can it go bad?  I have almost two gallons of the stuff and I can bring it with me.  I'm not looking for anything in return.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2013, 04:01:17 pm »
Bring the oil for Pappy, he uses everything.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2013, 04:08:20 pm »
OK.  Will do.  Glad someone can use it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2013, 05:35:28 pm »
Clint, is it boiled linseed oil or raw? The raw takes forever to dry.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2013, 05:51:53 pm »
I'm not sure Pat.  I'll check it out and let you know.  It's old stuff. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2013, 09:00:01 pm »
OK, most of it is pure linseed oil.  There is one can of boiled linseed oil.  Does anyone still want it?

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #294 on: April 05, 2013, 12:51:45 am »
Several folks on this thread and others have asked to shoot a someone else's bow.  I've only shot bows made by GMC and the one Blackhawk made for me.  So I had this idea that might be of interest to some at the classic.  We get together as a group Saturday morning to shoot the practice course. Each station or 2 we switch bows to shoot one made by a different person.  Anyone interested?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:04 am »
Several folks on this thread and others have asked to shoot a someone else's bow.  I've only shot bows made by GMC and the one Blackhawk made for me.  So I had this idea that might be of interest to some at the classic.  We get together as a group Saturday morning to shoot the practice course. Each station or 2 we switch bows to shoot one made by a different person.  Anyone interested?

Grouping according to draw length and draw weight would help, but still some guys are pretty touchy about someone else pulling their bow.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #296 on: April 05, 2013, 01:54:39 am »
JW, I completely understand your comment.  I shoot 26" draw and I wouldn't want someone pulling one of my bows 31".  But with a group of experience bowyers, I wouldn't have much a problem trusting them not to over draw me bow.  But, I'd probably still put a rubber band around my arrow for them as a reminder.  Still this type of shoot would not be everyone's cup of tea.  And I respect that.
I relate asking someone if I can shoot their bow to asking someone if I can take their Harley for spin?  It's a very personal thing. 

With the right bunch of folks this could be a fun outing, though.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #297 on: April 05, 2013, 06:42:05 am »
Sounds like fun,ask around and try and put something together,I would like to but I suspect I will be pretty busy about then. ;) ;D ;D at least I hope I am. ;) 19 days for me, getting excited. :) Sure bring it Clain,like Jon said I use everything or know someone that will. I use to use it a lot but like Pat said takes a while to dry if you try putting it on like Tru oil. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #298 on: April 05, 2013, 08:37:12 am »

JW, I completely understand your comment.  I shoot 26" draw and I wouldn't want someone pulling one of my bows 31".  But with a group of experience bowyers, I wouldn't have much a problem trusting them not to over draw me bow.  But, I'd probably still put a rubber band around my arrow for them as a reminder.  Still this type of shoot would not be everyone's cup of tea.  And I respect that.
I relate asking someone if I can shoot their bow to asking someone if I can take their Harley for spin?  It's a very personal thing. 

With the right bunch of folks this could be a fun outing, though.

Im in Dave. Im with you 100% on the above. I am flattered each time Im asked to shoot anothers bow. Trust is a cool thing.

I
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #299 on: April 05, 2013, 10:51:20 am »
I might be interested with the "right" people Dave...but I don't think anyone wants to shoot my junkers  ::)