Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 547845 times)

Offline paulsemp

Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #1875 on: July 30, 2013, 04:47:22 pm »
We HOPE everybody gets a custom bow anyhow. Every year some folks don't fulfill their obligations. Very few are serious set backs, most are just dead beats with no respect for this sight or the people using it.
Oh snap!

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #1876 on: July 30, 2013, 04:52:11 pm »
We HOPE everybody gets a custom bow anyhow. Every year some folks don't fulfill their obligations. Very few are serious set backs, most are just dead beats with no respect for this sight or the people using it.
Oh snap!

my thoughts exactly paul lol

Offline autologus

« Reply #1877 on: July 30, 2013, 05:09:30 pm »
Wow! I can see how that could be wide open to abuse. That is very generous of those that make bows, not knowing if you'll get a nice bow, a garden stake or nothing in return. My hat is off to you!
Don

Dang, I never thought of sending a garden stake, guess I will send this bow since it's already done.

Grady

Actually considering who its coming from my recipient may be getting a garden stake regardless.
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1878 on: July 30, 2013, 05:12:31 pm »
Good choice Grady tomatey!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #1879 on: July 30, 2013, 06:09:51 pm »
Since i have been on the wrong end of a bow trade gone bad before I know the feeling as the months and years go by with nothing in the mail, BUT...The deadline is August 15th not July 30th. The moderators of this trade can start to nudge and inquire but if you haven't received a bow yet i think you really need to wait two more weeks before getting your undies in a bundle. deadlines are deadlines and until August 16th nobody is late.
45# at 27"

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #1880 on: July 30, 2013, 07:04:50 pm »
Since i have been on the wrong end of a bow trade gone bad before I know the feeling as the months and years go by with nothing in the mail, BUT...The deadline is August 15th not July 30th. The moderators of this trade can start to nudge and inquire but if you haven't received a bow yet i think you really need to wait two more weeks before getting your undies in a bundle. deadlines are deadlines and until August 16th nobody is late.

OH SNAP!!!!! you know its close to the deadline when these kind of comments start coming lol

P.S: I WANT MY BOW!!  lol jk take your time i know good things come to those who wait.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #1881 on: July 30, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »
I'm still doing research on the poor individual that is too be receiving one of my finally crapped in garden stakes...I have almost got one shot in the tIller is just mind boggling hopefully have some finish on by the end of the weekend cross your fingers >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JLoranger

• JLoranger Illustration
« Reply #1882 on: July 30, 2013, 11:12:22 pm »
I'm still doing research on the poor individual that is too be receiving one of my finally crapped in garden stakes...I have almost got one shot in the tIller is just mind boggling hopefully have some finish on by the end of the weekend cross your fingers >:D

mmmmmm... Mind boggling tiller......fingers are crossed!
Giving it your best effort is what anyone should expect.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #1883 on: July 30, 2013, 11:26:06 pm »
Looks like we may see a whole bunch of trade bow post at once here in a couple weeks, that'll be cool. Hope everyone post pics of what they receive, I know I will.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline autologus

« Reply #1884 on: July 30, 2013, 11:51:56 pm »

Since we are talking garden stakes will that be a Toro tiller or a Craftsman?

Grady

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #1885 on: July 31, 2013, 12:05:58 am »
inlaying the Mother of Pearl leaves for strike plate , finishing up a bit of carving. Simple finish on this one (stain and hand rubbed teak oil, maybe a bit of wax) . Planning something a little different for the handle. It will be done  for the deadline ,Pearly . Even if I have to deliver it in person!

Offline autologus

« Reply #1886 on: July 31, 2013, 12:15:16 am »
Wow man im speechless.

Grady

Offline Weylin

« Reply #1887 on: July 31, 2013, 01:13:30 am »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o....................... :o wow

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #1888 on: July 31, 2013, 04:02:37 am »
Woof Woof Woof!!!
Man that is looking Sweet!

Should get the skins on... well, today.
And let it dry through the weekend.
Shoot it some more on Monday.
If the skins hold up through the shooting, begin finishing on Tuesday.
Tru-Oil in this heat should go pretty quick, several coats per day is very possible.
Lace on the grip, wax and ship.

It will be down to the wire for me.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline darwin

« Reply #1889 on: July 31, 2013, 10:58:37 am »
Its going to come down to the wire for me. I had trouble with the stave I started with and had to move on to a plan B about that time a lot of personal things went wrong but I'm back on track for the moment and I'm just hoping nothing else goes wrong. Worst case I will send the bow I received on but I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that.