Author Topic: I'm not a lier  (Read 13504 times)

Offline crooketarrow

I'm not a lier
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:55:52 am »
  You can move this if need be.

I was send a EMAIL by someone. I have no intentions of even coeming close to stuping as low as this person. So I won't say a name. But the EMAIL when like this.
    I'm sick for your know it all mentatly there's no way you can have did and know all you claim to know. I think your just a word jockie and like to pile it on other peoples posts. I know you hav'nt came close to 100 bows. You seam to know a lot about bows. Matter offact I'd say theres no way you've made 100 bows. I've went back through your posts and can't find one picture of a bow.

I'm no lier never have been. If I post or post to a post it's because I use'ly have done it have some sort of exsperance with it.
   My granddad taught me for a little kid up to learn about something new ,exsperance if you can. To learn something different everyday of my life. I've trived to do just that still do.
   Why are people scare of anyone or anything different than there use to. When they should be learning from them or it.  At a early age my family knew and told me I was going to grow up and be different. My strong opinions and straight forwandness has cost me friends, wemen,jobs But I would'nt trade a min. of my life.
  I read and many reread every post no mater how mundain or something I learned about 30 or 40 years ago.

Sorry if I rubbed anyone the wrong way it was'nt entended.

I think you get the idea. So I went to the trouble to go out and take a few pic.s of some old bows, bows Im useing and shooting now .bows in the makeings and even a few going to be bows.

SO HERE'S YOUR PROFF
   To start out with here's the first SELFBOW I made and hunted with. My first 2 were BL SINEWED.
  THIS IS A 64"65#@26" OSAGE
  Tiller looks a little off by hey it was made almost 23 years ago and shot couple 100,000 times.
  The second pic. is of 4 or 5 th bow also a OSAGE.
   64"70#@26
  NEXT
  Two of my perasonal bows.
  A 62"55#@26 OSAGE
 Under it is a 58"55#@26 HICKORY
  The unstrung bow is a 64"50#@29 SLIPPY ELM
  Next is a OSAGE bow for my youngest son.  It's going to be 58"25#@24
  Next is 2 bend in the handle osage bows for people.
  Aosage with rawhide, A HICKORY and a PERSONAL SASSAFRAS BOW.
  Next is from left to right.
  couple bend in the handle bows couple HICKORY BOWS and a VINE MAPLE stave I got from ELK TRACKER a couple summers ago.
  It's going to be 56"55#@26
  Maining a gobbler bow since I shoot off my butt gobbler hunting.
  Here a few unfinished and finished personal bows I did'nt even try to get out of that mess.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: I'm not a lier
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:07:24 am »
I believe every word you say Roy, always have. Do I agree with all of them? Hell no buddy! I think your over use of ALL CAPS may get younger people thinking your yelling at them. My guess is your "hater" is a younger person. Keep in mind if your 30 and under, typing is your only form of communication learned. Talking on phones wasnt a skill learned. Text, twitter, type or email

Personally I would like to see more pics of your bows and game. I fully believe you have taken that many turkeys and deer, and made that many bows. I can tell by your stories and words that life is too simple to do anything but tell truths.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11:13 am »
Yep I never thought you were a liar either. A little blunt maybe, but every word I believed. Nice bows too.

Jon

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 09:50:24 am »
I wouldn't worry about it life's to short I agree with PD & Ifrit & there's nothing wrong with helping people & telling them what there doing wrong you make some really nice bows I hope when I figure out how to post pics. people tell me what I'm doing wrong it only helps you improve on your skills I enjoy reading everybody's stuff.
Rob

Offline Roy

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 10:06:52 am »
With a name like Roy, you gotta be a good dude:)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:20:52 am »
Sorry about that, I thought I sent that email to the other Roy. :laugh:

Don't sweat that silly bantering opt a jealous soul.  It's just to bad we don't still allow ourseklves to take care of this kind of thing the way they used to. The scene from Tombstone comes to kind when Texas jack and creek Johnson got in a gunfight cuz "he crawfished on a bet and called me a liar"
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 10:32:52 am »
  Roy,
           Never doubted you for a minute...I too have never posted a bow on PA but I make them. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone dude. I enjoy your posts...Thanks and keep them coming. I'm working on a White Oak and will post this one when finished.
                                                                                Don
                          Here's a peek roughed out...                                                 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:12:05 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 10:49:07 am »
Don't sweat it.  I hope you keep right on posting like you always have.  While I don't agree with everyone on here all the time, I do try to learn something from each post.  You have given a lot of good info from what I have seen on here.  I never thought you told lies.  Really, don't worry about the nay sayers and just keep doing what you do.  I think we are all a bunch of stubborn hard heads or we wouldn't be hacking and chopping out primitive tools or hunting with sticks and rocks!  I always look forward to your posts.  You don't sugar coat it, but lay it right out there.  While I may not always agree with you, I admire that you are not a fence sitter, and say what's on your mind.  Those are great looking bows. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline bcbull

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:57:11 am »
Nice job royand i belive ya ya ur old schooll like me lol some of these darn punks just need a good old fashind a*$ woopin lol dont worry bout it just keep crankin em out have fun bro Brock

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 11:08:15 am »
   I  wanted  to  make  a  joke,, about  taking  that  all  green  bow  for  proof,,,but  I'll  just  say  thanks  and I  need  advise  and  enjoy  the  feed back  from every one  don't  sweat  the  small  stuff!!,,,,but  I  really  like  the  green  bow JEFFW

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 11:17:26 am »
I always gave brutally honest appraisals of the bows some have posted here. Some bows I critiqued were down right atrocious. I toned down my wording to stuff like "perhaps you can fix that little hinge in the top limb" instead of "only a moron would complete a bow with a 90 degree hinge in the top limb and think he had done a good job".

In spite of my efforts to let the builders down gently I got a slew of PMs that I was too rough on the builders and they might not ever make another bow because of my criticism.

It was then that I realized that people of my generation had to win to get a trophy and that most of the generation on this board only had to show up to get one. Younger folks often have a different mindset on what constitutes a stellar performance than us old geezers.

I finally decided to ask the board in general if they wanted the truth or their egos stroked with false accolades. All opted for the truth and the nasty PMs stopped.

Looks like you have encountered someone similar to my former detractors.

Offline darwin

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 11:43:11 am »
on the upside of this at least we all get to see some cool looking bows you've made

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 11:51:50 am »
I like these bows, crooketarrow, especially the veteran in the first pic. I don't think anyone else here considers you a liar. I agree with pearl dums however that your use of capitals is mildly irritating to my generation  ???
Sending insulting emails to anybody, however, is certainly not an option I'm sorry you had that happen to you.

I think honesty is required, whereas brutality should be left out  ;) I think the communitiy on here does great overall when it comes to finding the right tone.
One should point out flaws where they seem to have gone unnoticed. Like the hinge. I learn alot from comments like these, and at times ask for it when presenting a bow.

I frequent a non-english board where everybody seems to think criticism is required. Most any comment on a bow goes like: "cool bow, but i personally don't like the shape of the tips / colour of the handle" or whatever else. That is pointless, and while it won't deter me from making bows, it could keep me from posting them there eventually.

And this seems essential to me, people post their bows on here and bring in content kind of as a gift. My bow p*rn for free. No need to be harsh on them. Sometimes, it may even feel good to look at a bow and think one might have done better.  >:D
Don't shoot!

Offline okie64

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »
Never doubted you. I didnt even know that all caps meant you were yelling. Im 35 and I guess Im in the in between generation of the youngsters and old guys. We certainly didnt all get a trophy just for competing when I was a kid but it probably wasnt near as hard to win as it was for the older generations either. Everyone has their own personality and opinions and theres nothing wrong with being blunt. I always just figure guys that are blunt are either old or yankees ;D.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 12:09:00 pm »
 ;D
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi