Author Topic: Post your Tattoos thread  (Read 12052 times)

Offline Frawg

• Mayan Apocalypse Survivor
    • N/A
Post your Tattoos thread
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:08:43 am »
I noticed in the pics several of yous have Tattoos. I Think it would be kinda cool to have a thread showing them. I searched didn't see such a thread. So here goes mine

Chest-Shamrocks with my kids initials,right arm -skull cherries(long story),right leg-Tribal shield,right arm- tribal dragon. My right arm is my random arm, when finished it will have several random tatts tied in together forming a random half sleeve.
Matt

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:40:01 pm by criveraville »
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:49 am »
For me to post all my tats, I'd have to stand with a jock strap on for the pic or it would take 10 posts. Don't think you want to see that much of me.  :o ;)  dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 03:01:43 pm »
You describing that much put mental pictures in my head that may take therapy to remove :o. Lmao ty for not posting pics
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 03:04:59 pm »
Don't think you want to see that much of me.  :o ;)  dpg

That's an accurate statement.   ;D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 04:16:21 am »
Here are mine,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ;)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 02:56:09 pm »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 03:19:13 pm »
Nice, I like the broken primitive arrow.
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline IsaacW

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:05:05 pm »
I too like tattoos.  I have quite a few and would have to get down to my skivvies to show them off.  Most all of mine are historic in nature and go with the reenacting I do... over half of them were also applied "the old way."

Tattoos have been a bit of a historical interest in general for me and I have lectured numerous places on tattoos in the fur trade (on Indians, Voyageurs, and Fur Traders), even lecturing at the WI State Historical Society Museum.  A more recent slideshow of my lecture can be found here... http://frenchinwisconsin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Marks-of-His-Profession2013pdf.pdf
and notes to go with the slides (for those wanting to read historical accounts of some of this stuff) can be found here (halfway down page... http://frenchinwisconsin.com/researchprojects/
We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive.
Aldo Leopold

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 04:11:24 pm »
Dang, Isaac!  That's some pretty good reference material right there!  I am going to bookmark that info for future use, being into the documentable historical re-enacting stuff and whatnot!  Very scholarly.

Offline IsaacW

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 04:19:10 pm »
Dang, Isaac!  That's some pretty good reference material right there!  I am going to bookmark that info for future use, being into the documentable historical re-enacting stuff and whatnot!  Very scholarly.

Thanks.  I have a bunch of stuff on the research page where the notes are as well as a bunch of decent stuff in my blogs that I am rather proud of.  Lately I have been also writing for the Journal of the Early Americas which is a pretty cool magazine focused on the stuff we like.  I have an article (scholarly type) in the upcoming issue on stone pipe usage by French-Canadians.

IW
We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive.
Aldo Leopold

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 04:20:54 pm »
 8) dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Frawg

• N/A
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 04:21:24 pm »
I agree Nice Isaac!
Matt
Matt Bradley

Glade Valley, NC

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Post your Tattoos thread
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 05:50:22 pm »
I wish a tattoo artist would go to the Classic.  I'd love to get some ink done in the bow shop.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Post your Tattoos thread
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 05:56:45 pm »
I wish a tattoo artist would go to the Classic.  I'd love to get some ink done in the bow shop.

I gotta let my buddy Mikey know that.  I suppose he'd need to get to know the Tennessee laws on tatting, etc. 

You'd like him, he's nuttier than a squirrel turd.  Funnier, too. Just don't make any negative comments about the American flag around him, makes those Iraqi grenade scars on his back itchy and he feels like using his Marine Corp skills on somebody. 

Offline TRACY

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 06:18:40 pm »
Here are mine,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ;)

Yours looks just like mine Rick! Who did it? >:D

Osage, how about "primitive style" tats in the bow area?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956