Author Topic: Forum names  (Read 14077 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: Forum names
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2013, 10:25:57 am »
I picked my user name from a country song. Seemed fitting for two reasons, one being the hit my business took during the economic  recession of recent years and the other from my perceived view of having poor tillers on some of my bows. Not broke, just badly bent.
Stickbender- You a Commander Cody fan too? The wife and I just saw Bill Kirchen of CC fame play a club
Friday night, he still going strong. His song 'Down to seeds and stems again too" is one of the great
ballads of all times imo.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2013, 01:06:47 pm »
"Down to the seeds and stems again" sounds like a cool song. I'll have to check to see if it's on You Tube.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2013, 03:02:10 pm »
Heard an interview with "The Commander" on NPR the other day. Some fine musicians in that buncha space hippies.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2013, 03:59:19 pm »
I picked my user name from a country song. Seemed fitting for two reasons, one being the hit my business took during the economic  recession of recent years and the other from my perceived view of having poor tillers on some of my bows. Not broke, just badly bent.
Stickbender- You a Commander Cody fan too? The wife and I just saw Bill Kirchen of CC fame play a club
Friday night, he still going strong. His song 'Down to seeds and stems again too" is one of the great

And don't forget, Jim Dandy to the rescue. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2013, 04:01:59 pm »

I thought that was Black Oak Arkansas!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2013, 05:50:21 pm »
Read mine somewhere in a book awhile back. Ifrit are supposedly the tricksters of genies and are described by Wikipedia to be known for their strength and cunning. Also thought it sounded kinda badass.

Jon

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 06:07:26 pm »

I thought that was Black Oak Arkansas!

Well, I could have said Jim Dandy with Black Oak Arkansas ::)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 09:32:53 pm »

Dharma, instead of "Lotus Sutra", you should've tried "Kama Sutra" ;D ::)
Badly Bent, oh yeah, Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen, are a good band.  But I go back a lot further than that.  The Hollywood Argyles, and Alley Oop!  Just love that syncopated beat.  Plus I used to read Ally Oop in the funny papers.  Along with all the other now defunct characters.  Ah a name.  What is a name, but a string attached to the vehicle of your soul.  Oooh, that should have been in a song when I was in high school.  Of course that is a line in a poem I wrote in High School.  But it should have been in a Moody Blues song or something .  Anyway back to names......Mullet...... I could see him with one, as he is racing at high speeds on his motorcycle, trying to evade the police in
Colorado  :o........ or something like that...... ;D   Of course instead of
refrigerator magnets, there is always the .......WEEEEEEE GEEEEEEE board! :o :o
:P                                                   

Wayne

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 10:00:13 pm »
Stickbender, well, we did read the Kama Sutra as well as the Perfumed Garden (both of them the illustrated versions) and we never had any issues there whatsoever.  ;D Glad she never took me up on my frequent offers to teach her archery or she'd have probably run off with my favorite bow.

Offline cracker

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 08:57:07 am »
I Really don't know what mine means any help?
I actually do know I just did that to elicit a response from JW anyone heard from him oh wait very next post musta worked. a cracker is a wagon driver my great grand father operated a freight company of sorts delivering mainly fertilizer. It has since come to mean a Georgia Man.
And in Eddies case a Florida Boy.
Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 09:39:05 am »
Try calling a Florida Cattleman a Cowboy to his face. >:D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline darwin

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 10:35:19 am »
I'm a microbiologist and I thought it would be funny to name my first pet after college, Darwin, he is a Russian tortoise, and since i have a bad memory it became my screen name on a bunch of different sites. It has nothing to do with my social or political views which has been implied in the past. It's just easy to see him sunning on a rock and remember my screen name now i just need another pet for my password

Offline cracker

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 11:06:34 am »
Try calling a Florida Cattleman a Cowboy to his face. >:D
NOW NOW settle down Eddie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 11:33:36 am »
Well, Darwin, if you're in Arizona and need another pet, I have three cockatiels you can have.  :) They start whistling at the crack of dawn. Great alarm clocks except on days off, ha ha ha!

Offline Patches

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 03:20:06 pm »
My real name (spelled Neal not Neil) just so happens to be the same as a Canadian singer that sings Cinnamon Girl and Southern Man.  When i lived in North Dakota everybody called me "Southern Man" (because of my southern twang)  but nobody got the irony of calling someone named Neal Young "Southern Man".

I got the name Patches in a round about way from Swamp Monkey.  He was trying figure out why I did some of the things that I used to do (he called them psycotic episodes), and his only explaination was that there was a tiny little critter named Patches living inside my brain that would get go haywire every once in a while and would result in my odd behavior.  We always joked about what "Patches" has been up to lately, and "Patches" was always blamed my questionable behavior.  So it just stuck, and with some of the things I have done to get bow making material, it just seemed to fit.   

Thats my story....

Neal Young  (the bow shooter, not the rockstar)   
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."