Author Topic: GIFTS RECIEVED  (Read 50178 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

GIFTS RECIEVED
« on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »
ok, since we had some excited people who have already sent their gifts out, this is the recieved post. post pics of what you got and we wanna see those ugly mugs smiling lol you gotta be in the picture.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: GIFTS RECIEVED
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 11:16:37 pm »
TTT
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 1442

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:08:02 am »
I got my gifts from KNAPPER today.
I've not posted a lot and left too many clues as to what I would like to have or need but Knapper somehow knew.
I pulled the top off the box and found  an assortment of knapable rocks. Some keokuk, an obsidian flake, some raw novaculite I think and some other dark colored stone I've never seen before but looks and feels like it's really strong tough rock. I like it.
Then there was a a nice batch of beeswax, which is something I've been wanting to get and try my hand at some pine pitch glue as well as other things.
Then I found a dried bevar tail skin, which is something else I have been wanting. No specific plan yet for using it but I'll find a use for it. I didn't realize how thick beavertail skin is.
Then there was a real nice antler tine pressure flaker. Which there again. I've wanted to make an antler flaker with a wood handle but havn't done so yet. Knapper knew that.
Then there where a few pieces of leather lacing that has a million and one uses every day.
Then there was a Cool bone knife with a cordage wrapped handle and leather wrist strap. I often thought of bone knives but have never owned one. It looks like it was made to be used and I will use it a little to get a feel of it, but will put it on display mostly because I like the look. That was my wifes favorite thing in the whole package.
Then there was a real nice keokuk bladed skinning knife with a large antler tine handle secured with sinew. Very usable but it will be displayed also. Too nice to look at to be using.
Then there was my favorite most wanted and needed item I could have recieved. A beautiful brown leather quiver with tan leather lacing.  I swear! if I went into a leather store with every texture and color of leather available I would have picked what knapper made this quiver with. It aint got a bunch of decorations or anything that aint functional. Just like I would make one if I went to buid my own quiver. Which I've been trying to come up with the stuff to build one but havn't come up with the right ingredients. The other night, the wife and I where going somewhere when we saw a loveseat thrown in a ditch by the road. I said Man! That looked like leather but we didn't have time to go back and see. The next day she called and said someone had cut a bunch of the material off that love seat in the ditch. I said I know! but it aint leather just a leather look alike but I got it anyway. After getting it home and all it just wasn't the material I really wanted for my quiver so I wound up folding it several times and use it for cushioning under my knapping leg pad.  Then I saw a recliner in another ditch full of water and it was too cold to go look but I have been planning to go back and check it out. Now I don't have to worry about getting my feet wet, climbing in a dumpster or anything to find quiver material because Knapper somehow knew how bad I wanted one and fixed me up. I' could not be happier or more pleased than I am with what I got.
THANKYOU! Knapper,  You have made my Christmas merry!
I'll post pics tommorow when I have more time and better light.     Terry

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:51:26 am »
Very cool Terry & Knapper! You make a nice point Terry so be sure to post them as you make them :D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:07:24 am »
Your very welcome Terry, It was all a pleasure to make. You and yours have a Merry Christmas. :)
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 12:24:28 pm »
ttt

Offline VicNova

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 07:13:25 pm »
Got my stuff from Ifrit617. I love it, especially the glass knife, Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:56:36 pm by Victor99 »
Ypsilanti,  Michigan

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 07:15:51 pm »
hahaha nice smile victor lol

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 07:25:54 pm »
Cool gifts!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 11:17:00 pm »
Hey Victor, this thread is not called "Psycho Selfies"!  Looks like you are photobombing yourself!  Or maybe you are happy with your box of goodies.  That's what I am voting for.   :laugh:

Don't drop that knife in water, you will never see it again!  Pretty cool looking, can't wait to see what you will do for a handle.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 02:33:11 am »
Cool gifts.  Love that photo Vic you surely look happy

Offline 4dog

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 09:50:22 am »
this look isnt happy its.... :o...disturbing in a funny way..wonder what some of you more advanced techies can whip up from this.  lol....cool pic!!!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 04:27:42 pm »
Glad you like them Victor. Merry Christmas!

Jon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 04:40:42 pm »
Jon, what kind of shafts are they?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 06:37:06 pm »
Cedar. They are the first ones that I planed out by hand myself.  Definitely a tedious process, but they came out really good.

Jon