Author Topic: GIFTS RECIEVED  (Read 50226 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: GIFTS RECIEVED
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2014, 09:42:26 am »
It will be my main daily walking stick, Gus. My old hickory walking stick has seen better days.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2014, 06:28:44 pm »
Well, there's a dog and scoundrel in this exchange :o and I'm sure glad I got picked by him ;D. Weylin, there's an old saying," you go to hell just as quick for lieing as stealing" ;D and I'm sure glad you told me that fib. I just got one heck of a pretty Vine Maple bow this afternoon from that artist in Oregon.

It's late and I'll get some pictures of it in it's warm, new, home tomorrow and I'll string and shoot it then also. I went to string it and noticed the top horn tip was missing. No problem, I found it in the bubble wrap and glued it back on. I want to let the glue set overnight before I string it.

Thank you, Weylin, like I said before, it's perfect for me.   ( you didn't have to worry about the book anyway) :)
Eddie
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2014, 07:16:30 pm »
lol what did he tell you eddie?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2014, 08:24:25 pm »
he posted it in the Bow forum when he posted the bow. Said he'd never send a bow late to the guy that owned the black book. LOL. I was playing it like a Poker hand, counting down the gifts sent to the ones received. I figured it was getting to the last cards and I got the Ace in the Straight Flush.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »
Lol nice, you got lucky man.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »
So glad it made it to you in one p... ok, two pieces, guess it could have been worse. :-\ Sorry that the tip came off, that's never happened to me. must have gotten a good thump in the package. That's a real bummer. I'm glad you like it, I hope it serves you well. You may notice a small crack on the belly of the top limb. That was from my attempt to tame that dog leg. It wasn't having any of that and it let me know right away. I took the pressure off immediately and filled the tension crack with superglue and it never gave me a problem again. I shot it a fair bit to make sure. Sorry 'bout the white lie, wanted to keep some mystery to the end if I could. I'm sure you had your suspicions given that there weren't many left to ship. Can't wait to see the pictures with you and the bow.  :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2014, 11:28:38 pm »
Thanks again, I'll pray for you, my son ::). What did you seal it with?
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Weylin

« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2014, 11:48:36 pm »
9 coats of tru-oil. sanded with water and emery paper and then buffed with pumice powder mixed with oil.

Offline skarhand

« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »
Woo!! My wife just called me and said I got a package!! She wouldn't tell me anything about it though, so now I have to wait 'till I get home. Ack!

4 more hours?!? Tick.......tick.....tick.....

Pics to follow.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2014, 02:14:36 pm »
lol dont ya hate when you know theres a package waiting for you at home but you cant leave work.

Offline skarhand

« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2014, 07:23:23 pm »
Finally home!!!  There it was....a long cardboard tube...with my name on it!! Thank you so much Wylden Freeborne! He sent me the sister bow to Maeven and The Blonde Bomber. It is named "Fade to Black", and is a beautiful yew longbow. Pulls 56# @28". And it came in an awesome cloth cover with some leather trim and a cool tuft of fur (rabbit I'm guessing). My description doesn't do it any justice so here are some pics. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Cover:

Thanks again...and the Star Wars stationary was pretty sweet too!

Skar (Joshua)

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2014, 07:34:51 pm »
I got my package a little over a week ago, but we moved right after and I have yet to get some snapshots. I will soon. It is a sweet, leather and fur trim hip quiver from BeetleBailey that I have already taken out stumping and quite like the way it holds the arrows tight and quiet and allows a smooth draw easily. Thanks Beetle!

Skarhand - Glad you got the package! Sorry it was late....I hope you get good mileage from her!

Wylden
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2014, 07:50:11 pm »
sweet bow and sock. 

Offline country

« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2014, 09:00:35 pm »
WOW....just got my stuff in from Stoker.... a great looking atlatl (can't wait to try it out) a beautiful quiver with a knife.... if that wasn't enough I got 3 slabs of obsidian .... I have to admit that i've been wanting to try my hand a knapping.

Leroy I really enjoy and appreciate it... Thanks!

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2014, 05:34:42 pm »
I received my gift a week ago and my family and I been sick for a while so sorry for the delay. I got a gift from madcrow/ Eddie! I received 2 stone knives, 1 obsidian and 1 chert ( please correct me if I'm wrong). Both have antler handles and the tine has some snake skin on it. There was also a bone knife with a jute handle. 2 loose arrow heads, 1 stone / 1 bone. And to top it all off there was a buckskin bag with some beautiful bead work on it. You sir are talented and gifted with skill and quite generous on top of it!!!
Thanks
Paul