Author Topic: Full moon  (Read 8489 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Full moon
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:34 pm »
It's been a tough night tonight ...................do you think the full moon has many thing to do with it??
How many of you guys pay attention to the moon phase when hunting or even fishing??
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Full moon
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:43:05 pm »
 I don't like hunting it the next day, deer here seem to stay out all night. Now,,, ::) If you can find a nice trail crossing a big, white, sandy road you can see quite a while after  ::) ::) ::)the sun goes down.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:47:19 pm »
Yeah .........I hate to fish on a full moon...the best is two or three days before or after.
DBar

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 10:50:57 pm »
Seems like I see fewer deer during a full moon.  I guess they move more at night.

My wife worked at a nursing home up until a couple of days ago and she said that the patients would all act a little more crazy during a full moon.  All the workers agreed.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline RyanR

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 11:01:04 pm »
It's been a tough night tonight ...................do you think the full moon has many thing to do with it??
How many of you guys pay attention to the moon phase when hunting or even fishing??
DBar
Honestly I haven't noticed much difference with a full moon fishing. If anything I think I have had better success during the full moon.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 11:11:17 pm »
Personally, I don't plan trips around the moon phases but I find it more enjoyable to hunt or fish during a full moon.  Not sure about the success rate.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 11:20:05 pm »
All good responses ...............It's always been a good debate among the best fisherman I've known,
Osage Outlaw,  My wife has been a floor nurse (RN) for 32 years and she swears about or should I say "to" the full moon every month.  :laugh: :laugh:  Seriously... I think there is a lot to the ' full moon".
DBar

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »
I dont fish on a full moon,3 days after is what I was taught. Dosent matter about hunting to me,I go whenever I get a chance!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline DLH

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 01:35:46 am »
The full moon I remember most was a couple years ago in college and it didn't end well for me...

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 01:55:32 am »
The full moon I remember most was a couple years ago in college and it didn't end well for me...

Were you class mates with Eddie?

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 02:09:44 am »

All the scientific experts seem to mostly agree that the full moon has no noticeable affect on people.  Maybe because most of the scientific experts, are a little off kilter themselves. ::)  When I was I was working in the Fire Department, our call volume rose, and we had a few more than normal signal 20's, (looney tunes).  Maybe it just seemed like it, but I do know we were busier on Full moons that normally.  I know most of the Police departments say the same.  But the Experts say it doesn't have any affect, so I guess I and all the others who believe it does, are wrong. ??? :P
I don't like to fish the day after a full moon, as the fish seem to have fed all night.  I do like to fish on a full moon though.  I also like a full moon party, like we used to have up in North Carolina in the mountains.  I have hunted on a full moon before, but never got within shooting range of anything, with my bow.

Wayne

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 02:36:43 am »
fish at night during the full moon.  Also much fewer snakes generally come out at night during the full moon.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline sleek

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 04:21:56 am »
A full moon is great to fish top water, the bait is much easier seen by fish. I always had better luck shark fishing in Tampa on a full moon. Also the tides were bigger, so more fish came and went with the tide water.  With hunting, I like a full moon on a very cloudy night. It is my theory that the deer expect the moonlight so they dont move around all day, then get a cloudy night and stay bedded down. Come day break they are up and about more than normal. I also believe they are more active the entire day as a result. And this applies to any large moon, not just a full one. Again, my opinion, but it sure sounds good....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 05:15:58 am »
You may or may not know that we get the word "lunatic" from "lunar". I don't see any reason the moon wouldn't affect hunting or fishing, as it affects so many other aspects of our lives. Worms, for instance, are reported to be their most discomforting during full moons and easiest to kill and rid during new moons.  Either way, whether we believe or not, this video is sure to bring a smile to your face!   http://vimeo.com/markg/fullmoonsilhouettes
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline TRACY

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 07:11:50 am »
The deer have been strolling through just after legal hours for the last week and there are 5-10 in the yard every night early morning now.
As for full moons effect on people, we're comprised of 70+% h20 so it only makes sense that it will effect us in a small way similar to tides. My students have been flipping nuts this week and no doubt it has something to do with the full moon. Those of you that are law enforcement would probably agree with increased calls and as OO and Bill hospitals get busier around full moons.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956