Author Topic: 17th Tennessee Classic  (Read 126030 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 17th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2014, 10:12:40 pm »
Chris and Charlie I'm really sorry to see you guys aren't gonna make it this year, hope to see y'all next year. And you guys don't have to worry about that Hippy Tim ;), I watched that man run around barefoot in 31 degree weather with frost on the ground eating tree bark, Spanish Moss and Bahia grass while we were eating Backstrap steaks, Wahoo and Blacktip Shark steaks. And then he was eating oak leaves and slept on the ground in a sleeping bag when the rest of us ate a Dutch Oven chicken with vegetables. He's tough.

Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh B

« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2014, 12:06:16 am »
Well.....negotiations have come to a successful conclusion with Miss Dyan.  I have the greenlight to attend the classic!   Woo!  Hoo!  It's only gonna cost me a suburban and a master bathroom remodel.   And she thinks she got the better end of the deal ::) >:D.  She sure gets some funny notions!   I figured Tim was pretty tough Eddie.  I just wanted to make sure that braving the elements would be done out of a well informed decision and not out of unforeseen necessity. 
    Now its up to the whims of my boss and dispatcher.   I hope to see you all there!   Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2014, 12:18:22 am »
Glad you are gonna make it Rand and looking forward to meeting your wife.
 Josh, glad you got the OK from Momma.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2014, 01:20:41 am »
That's awesome Josh.  I was dreading watching the fire all night by myself.   ;)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2014, 05:39:57 am »
That's great new Rand and Josh,I will save you a spot Josh at the bottom,we are widening the drive as I speak so you should have plenty of room to get that big rig down the hill this year,hope Tim can make it,he could hang his cote under the bridge,water rarely gets that high, :-\ :D as long as no trees come down the creek he should be fine. ;) ;D ;D ;D Suposed to have G Fred's wife coming this year with her wool stuff so if he gets cold maybe we can get him hooked up. ;) :)   
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2014, 08:32:16 am »
Glad we didn't have to proceed to Plan B Josh  ;D 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2014, 11:39:05 am »
Good news Josh! Throw a pylon out next to the rig if you get there before me and save me a parking spot kin the usual place. I plan to set up as usual down by the geysers, if Pappy will allow me to again this year.   
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2014, 02:07:19 pm »
I camped out at the far end in the edge of the woods.  It was nice and peaceful.   I didn't have any visitors at all for the first couple a days, only Pappy's dog.  She always knew when breakfast was ready bout daylight.  It was a long hike back to the bow shop and shower house and then back if I needed to refill with "supplies" from the cooler tho.  Come to think of it, gonna camp a lot closer to the action this year and save a few steps.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2014, 06:34:42 pm »
Get us a spot up close Greg.  Pearly and BH wussed out so I will need someone to tend the cookfire, I mean campfire  ;D

Offline seabass

« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2014, 09:01:33 pm »
me and Bear will get our spot early.just come set up by us Greg.you know it will be a good time.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2014, 09:49:08 pm »
We were right next to you guys Steve.  We will try to get there again.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2014, 10:03:05 pm »
When will you and Bear be getting there Steve?  I plan on getting there midday the Saturday before the Classic.

Offline Tower

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2014, 11:55:15 pm »
I have quite a bit of vacation.   Maybe I'll catch a Knap-in that isn't in Texas.     
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2014, 06:32:43 am »
Get us a spot up close Greg.  Pearly and BH wussed out so I will need someone to tend the cookfire, I mean campfire  ;D
I hear you!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2014, 08:12:21 am »
That would be great Tower, lots of nappers,Haven't heard from Patrick but he usually makes it up from Texas,I know Texas is a big state but might hook a ride with him. :) ;) Greg/Clint glad their will be someone to tend the fire,use to be my job but them late nights and very early morning gets to me worse than they use to.Especially when you do it 5 or 6 days in a row. ;) :) Me and Bear for years tried to put everyone to bed,but getting older now and it just don't seem to work at least not for me. ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good