Author Topic: 2014 Christmas Trade Works in Progress.  (Read 77359 times)

Offline skarhand

Re: 2014 Christmas Trade Works in Progress.
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2015, 02:04:56 pm »
Despite being given 30 days to move on Dec 5th, I managed to get my gift to a point where I could ship it and not be ashamed, lol.

It went out in the mail today. I did want to put more work and time into it, but I had to dismantle and move my shop over the last few weeks, and no telling how long before I can put it all back together. Anyway I have your phone number whoever you are and once I see it is delivered I plan to give you a call. Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it and getting it all together.

Skar (Joshua)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2015, 02:51:20 pm »
Well, I sent mine out today. It should be there wednesday or thursday. I ended up sending a deer grunt call, a few arrow, some pine pitch glue, sinew, and a christmas ornament. My victim is a knapper, so I sent the arrows with no points. I'm sure he has some points laying around waiting for some shafts. Hope he likes it all.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline J05H

« Reply #332 on: January 06, 2015, 03:05:30 pm »
I shipped my gift out yesterday. It should be in ______'s hands by thursday. :)
I have some final pics but I'll wait to post them until after he receives it and maybe posts some of his own.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline J05H

« Reply #333 on: January 06, 2015, 04:31:34 pm »
   Ok guys, here is the list as far as I could determine of people who haven't shipped yet. A lot of you on the list have posted things like "almost ready", or "going out tomorrow" but haven't confirmed that you've shipped. If your name is on the list and you have already shipped please let either Bruce or me know so we can update the list.

If you haven't shipped, there are still 9 days left till the deadline. When you do ship, please let one of us know.

Blaflair2
YosemiteBen
JoJoDapyro
country
HickoryBill
sleek
Ozzy
wildkatt
killer duck
madcrow
Tower
bluegill68
agd68
BOWMAN53
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:53:35 pm by J05H »

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #334 on: January 06, 2015, 05:18:19 pm »
Mine was shipped and received about 2 weeks ago. I believe Auggie got it the 23rd
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline J05H

« Reply #335 on: January 06, 2015, 05:55:49 pm »
Ok. Thanks JoJo. I've updated the list.

Offline skarhand

« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2015, 11:18:49 am »
I sent a PM to Bruce about my change of address earlier this week, but haven't heard anything back. If you have my name please don't ship it to the old one. We had problems with a @#$% Land Lord and I would worry about it being "lost". I will PM it to J05H as well so hopefully it can be updated before shipping.

Thanks guys.

Skar

Edit: Bruce PM'd me and it is all good. Please disregard, lol.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:26:09 am by skarhand »

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2015, 01:27:35 pm »
Shipped mine almost a month ago but have not heard from the recipient and can't find the tracking number to see if it was received.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2015, 11:58:48 am »
ran into a few financial problems. You will get it it but I may not be able to ship until the 20th. I do apologize but they shorted me on my last paycheck! A few more items to finish off but the box is partially packed....

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2015, 12:10:46 pm »
mine went in the mail yesterday afternoon, in the box is a knife forged from an old trap spring, a pair of pliers forged from an old dump rake tooth, a small utility type blade also forged from a dump rake tooth, some turkey and goose feathers, some antler buttons and a bunch of smaller chunks of wood (bacote, quilted maple, elm burl, curly maple) for tip overlays and such.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline 1442

Re: 2014 Christmas Trade Works in Progress.m
« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2015, 04:27:31 pm »
I shipped my trade package today to my victim. Poor guy!
My time was limited to make things but I managed a fire bow set and some knapped stone items, then I threw in some raw materials. Cane shafts, feathers, and sinew for error makin and a few pieces of hardwood for whatever with one being a highly figured piece of sweet gum that should make some killer knife scales. Long node bamboo and large cane pieces that would make a some flutes too.
Sorry I can't post pics cause my puter went down back before Christmas and I'm operating on a borrowed I pad that I ain't too good with. Hopefully my guy can take up my slack and post a pic or two for me, and I don't know what I'm gonna do to post pics when I receive a package, but hopefully I can con someone into helping me do it. I'll figure something out.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2015, 05:29:16 pm »
I finally got a day off when the knuckleheads at the post office were open, so cross my name off the list.  It is scheduled to be there on Monday,  which means it will be there in a week or so.  I just hope he's not too disappointed.  You know the feeling when you see that long package on the porch.

Offline sleek

« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2015, 10:33:00 pm »
Shipped mine almost a month ago but have not heard from the recipient and can't find the tracking number to see if it was received.

Now you have every one who hasnt recieved worried. I have had stuff stolen from me here before.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline J05H

« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2015, 05:00:46 am »

Now you have every one who hasnt recieved worried. I have had stuff stolen from me here before.

No need to worry. The gift was received, and all is well.

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2015, 04:04:45 pm »
Mine will ship Monday.  ;)
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.