Author Topic: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015  (Read 157266 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2015, 09:12:51 am »
It's never a sure thing Knoll, last year he didn't think he was going to make it until a week or 2 before, he is likely to wind up with a load that just happens to come by Twin oaks. >:D ;) :) :) Won't be the first time that has happened with Josh. :) We can hope anyway. ;)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:05:27 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2015, 11:41:26 am »
^^ (bet he meant "load")  >:D >:D

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:21 pm »
^^ (bet he meant "load")  >:D >:D

most likely  but with Pappy and The Tennessee  Classic  you just never know!
Good folks all the way around .
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2015, 05:08:14 am »
Yep meant Load  ;) :) :) Thank Stringman, Guy hope you are staying warm up North. :) It's cold here I know it has to be really, really, cold up that way. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2015, 07:37:44 am »
I am just about froze fast Pappy
Hope you get it warmed up down there before I get there , I need some sun shine !
With my new plan for living ( Diet ) I lost 50 lbs last year and the only thing not good about that is I am cold ! no insulation at all ,but I am doing soo much better in others areas that I am OK with that
See ya in what like 10 weeks !
Where is Bear with or count down anyway , how am I supposed to keep track ?
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Josh B

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2015, 11:04:39 pm »
There is always that possibility Pappy.  I won't be able to spend 3 or 4 days like I usually do, but Saturday is better than nothing if it should work out that way.  Josh

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2015, 09:09:33 pm »
Man, I can't wait!  I had so much fun last year, I am making it a point not to miss another one. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2015, 02:06:10 pm »
Things are looking like I will be able to be there this year again.  Likely not for the whole shindig, ...but we'll get some time in.

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2015, 03:48:57 pm »
Things are looking like I will be able to be there this year again.  Likely not for the whole shindig, ...but we'll get some time in.

OneBow

Well with this extra work with the snow looks like I may be able to go with you as well. At least I will have the extra time to take off! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2015, 04:21:17 pm »
I'll be bringing my wife and daughter this year!  Though we'll stay in some near by hotel; one mountain at a time.   ;)  Any hotel recommendations?
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2015, 05:42:31 pm »
I'm still planning on coming. Gonna pack as much Osage as I can in my little car. Trying to make some gas money. I plan on bringing something for the table as well
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2015, 07:32:32 pm »
I'll be bringing my wife and daughter this year!  Though we'll stay in some near by hotel; one mountain at a time.   ;)  Any hotel recommendations?

My first year at the Classic we stayed in the Holiday Inn in town.  It was OK.  A vehicle in the parking lot was broken into and some items stolen. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

blackhawk

« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2015, 07:03:33 am »

Rob...cool to see ya bringing the fam....get a tent n a couple air mattresses...it ain't that bad to sleep on those honestly...plus they have the hot showers there for free....this isn't very rough camping as ya know,and there prob thinking its gona be all woodsy,dirty,bugs etc...but that ain't the case there as ya know. If ya set up on top in the grass its basically like camping in a yard next to a bunch of other cool folks for some good mingling amongst everybody. That's part of the classic experience not to be missed IMO.

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2015, 11:52:42 am »
Hey guys.  Chris, I agree with ya but I'm still amazed she agreed to go at all.  One miracle at a time.  Maybe I'll sway her by the time of the classic.  I did buy the same tent you have and an air mattress so it's hardly roughing it IMO. 

I've been giving a new bowyer at my club some tips as he created his first selfbow.  Reminded me of my early lessons with you.  Playin it forward.  Good times!  He may be interested in buy a stave off you soon.  I'm trying to get a few more guys interested and maybe start a selfbow division at my club shoots. 

Looking forward to seein yinz all in TN!
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2015, 04:02:41 am »
Sounding good, Rob you can check our web site [twinoaksbowhunterswordpress.com] and it has all the local motels, they have all been remolded but Of course I haven't stayed in any of them so can't say for sure, haven't heard anything real bad and mostly good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good