Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 350992 times)

Offline bubby

Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #960 on: August 26, 2015, 02:03:55 pm »
Hey guys step back and breath this doesn't need to escalate any further
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline pincushin

« Reply #961 on: August 26, 2015, 02:05:23 pm »
All I can say is that my bows are not the best but I am proud of them I have Herb Meland (pronghorn bows) check them out before I send or sell anything. I received a very beautiful bow from E Jensen that I can't seem to stop shooting. My guy in the trade hasn't told me if he likes my bow or not but I think he will like it and shoot the snot out of it. I want to ask that you keep having a trade because it pushes us to make our best bows. I am normally very quiet on here and just try and learn as much as I can, but he trade has taught me more than anything else. Thanks for letting the younger ones like me in to the trade.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #962 on: August 26, 2015, 02:30:50 pm »
The last few pages of drama is the main reason I'm watching this trade from the sidelines   This mess happens every year.  Stick with one on one trades with someone you know and respect and you will be much happier. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #963 on: August 26, 2015, 02:31:42 pm »
Hey guys step back and breath this doesn't need to escalate any further

+1 fellas, Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #964 on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:39 pm »
Well guys, this happens every year. There are always some folks that don't seem to mind taking advantage of others, don't mind sending out something that hasn't been proven, can't build a bow in 8 or 10 months or is just a plane old liar. There are always serious problems and family matters that come up and some of that is excusable but with as much time as you guys have hardly any of that should matter.
 I helped start these bow trades and participated for quite a few years. The main purpose of these bow trades were to help build confidence in some of the newer bow builders, knowing they might be building for a more seasoned bow builder. Grouping guys by their experience level has never been part of these trades. Either you are in or you are not, no matter what your skill level is. It has certainly lost it's cache over the last few years. I guess, like others have said, maybe we should just trade between friends and forget the PA Bow Trades all together.
  Anyone that has not sent out a bow, please do so as soon as you can...and please no excuses. Your dog didn't eat your bow and everyone knows UPS will screw up a bow if it is not packaged well and sometimes even if it is packaged well. If you owe someone a bow and can't send one to them, send something else so they don't get screwed in the trade. If you have received a bow but not sent one out, send the one you received. Man up and do the right thing.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #965 on: August 26, 2015, 03:00:20 pm »
Keep the bow for yourself joe, I really don't need it. Like I said I'm done. I was told to try and string it and see how bad it was. I was told to give a honest answer. I have done both. I'm done
Bruce, you DID give an honest answer, and I thanked you for it. I meant it, and I still do. You said you "Didn't have the heart to even string it" and my next message to you was "OK, I feel ya. Thanks so much for being honest!". I don't have an ego, and until about an hour ago I felt bad. My rant was in respect to dumping off an issue with someone else. As soon as I talked to you about the bow I posted here that you didn't feel safe with it and that I would make another.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #966 on: August 26, 2015, 03:07:09 pm »
Let it ride JoJo/Bruiser. Its over. No need to build or send more bows with the animosity between you two. Fill in your current dead beat slots and shut the lights off when you leave.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #967 on: August 26, 2015, 05:11:05 pm »
I only want to know if there was ever a bow sent my direction or if one is still coming and I should keep looking for it.

Bad bow, but best effort possible = not a problem

Received a bow but didn't send one out and didn't tell anyone = really flakey and not a nice thing to do.  I couldn't live with myself like that.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #968 on: August 26, 2015, 05:43:15 pm »
Jeff, you don't get a bow? I'll hook you up. If memory serves you made a sweet azz curvey osage bow, correct me if Im wrong. You deserve a shootable rig in return.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #969 on: August 26, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »
I only want to know if there was ever a bow sent my direction or if one is still coming and I should keep looking for it.

Bad bow, but best effort possible = not a problem

Received a bow but didn't send one out and didn't tell anyone = really flakey and not a nice thing to do.  I couldn't live with myself like that.

+1, that's all I want to know too. I have not received one as well.

I thought we was having a discussion about possible ways to solve the trade problems....
Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline pincushin

« Reply #970 on: August 26, 2015, 05:57:08 pm »
If someone needs a bow I can build another one if need be. Id be happy to do it

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #971 on: August 26, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »
I wish there was a like button on here PD. Jeff dererves a bow for sure.

Offline sleek

« Reply #972 on: August 26, 2015, 06:08:23 pm »
Im almost done with the make up bow im building...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #973 on: August 26, 2015, 06:08:49 pm »
We have 5 waiting. I'll message your guy Jeff.

Jeff, I sent a message, I'll let you know when I hear something!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #974 on: August 26, 2015, 06:14:19 pm »
I would build another as well. I'm just not very fast at making them. But I sure would. Patrick