Author Topic: music in the bowyers workshop  (Read 18502 times)

Offline PatM

Re: music in the bowyers workshop
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2015, 09:33:14 am »
Joe some people just can't multitask lol, takes all kinds to make a tribe don't it
  Some people can't singletask.  ;)

Offline bubby

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2015, 11:28:01 am »
Pat i have no problem singletask oh look a squirrel  :laugh:
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2015, 12:10:22 pm »
Anyone that comes into my shop gets the warning... my Pandora is on so there is no telling where this trip 8 going.  I'm a big fan of Bob Marley so there is a lot of that. Also have beethoven,  snoop dogg, johhny cash, opera,  mettalica, and everything in between.  I sheer clear of death metal and almost anything made in the last two years. Lol
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

mikekeswick

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2015, 04:49:55 pm »

I find it very odd to see people jogging by here in the country with headphones on, I would sort of understand if it was in the city.  They don't seem to care to listen to the music of nature

I 100% agree on that one. I run everyday and couldn't stand to listen to music whilst running. I like the sound of my breath, my heartbeat and most importantly natures music.

Offline PatM

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2015, 10:11:04 pm »

I find it very odd to see people jogging by here in the country with headphones on, I would sort of understand if it was in the city.  They don't seem to care to listen to the music of nature

I 100% agree on that one. I run everyday and couldn't stand to listen to music whilst running. I like the sound of my breath, my heartbeat and most importantly natures music.
    We frequently have people protesting the ban on wearing headphones during races here.

Offline DavidV

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2015, 01:15:08 pm »
Every project has different music to get me into the mood. When I really have to get down and dirty maybe put on some punk rock, easy going is regae, simple is Dylan or Young.

If you walked into my shop 9 times out of 10 Tom Waits would be growling along though.
Springfield, MO

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2015, 01:29:13 am »
Old country(cant hardly take any produced after 1980), Blues old and new. My go to would have to be Split Lip Rayfield tho..when im travelling or need to get outside my head for abit I always pop in one of Will H's cd's....taken me thru some tough times, thanks Will..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2015, 11:34:33 am »
My shop is where I can listen to what I want to listen to so it's a win/win for me. Usually bluegrass, some movie soundtrack CDs, couple of the late Allen Wayne Damron's CDs. It varies...

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2015, 02:34:19 am »
The mention of soundtracks made me remember one of my favorites. The "Into the Wild" soundtrack with Eiddie Vedder of Pearl Jam is spectacular. I never saw the movie though. I was turned off by the story even though it's true. A man who prides himself in wilderness survival shouldn't end up poisoned by a mushroom. If there is any doubt what so ever or even a unsafe look-a-like don't eat it. The have virtually no nutritional value anyway, so taking risks to avoid starvation isn't even a valid excuse. Never the less, awesome soundtrack. I'd say this one was my favorite track.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm8oxC24QZc
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Mike Joe

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2015, 03:26:32 pm »
Personally, I'll listen to anything from 80's rock music, to Reckless Kelly; but it doesn't get any better than Don Williams.

http://youtu.be/d32h0TuSgEY

My mom used to play his CD every day to put my little brother to sleep, and I always come back to it. It's good music to play while working. Kinda laid back and quiet.
"Son, we don't really care how it looks, We want it to work." - John McPherson

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2015, 12:09:13 pm »
I dont find a lot of new music that gets me excited, but when I discovered Chad Slagle's album High, Wild, And Free with tracks like longbow country, The man in the Borsalino hat (a tribute to Fred Bear) and Wapiti's prayer....well I had found bow making music! I highly recommend Chad Slagle.   
About a year ago, I went through a weird phase where I almost always had The Flaming Lips "Soft Bulletin" album on repeat whenever I made bows.

"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2015, 12:31:16 pm »
  It's been rock and southen rock.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline DC

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2015, 12:47:27 pm »
How about "Tea for the Tillerman". I'm pretty sure Tillerman has a different meaning in the song but what the hey.  :D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2015, 12:48:21 pm »
I like listening to music when I'm listening to music. Always thought it was odd when people could basically not function at anything else unless they had music powering them along.

Everybody connects to music differently. That's just one of the magic's of music.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2015, 01:07:47 pm »
People might get concerned when I'm listening to slipknot and hacking to the backbeat, then a minute later wonder if I found I don't want to set the world on fire via fallout or if I'm just that cool  8)

Nothing helps the machete like a lively beat, and nothing soothes the nerves like the ink spots.
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.