Author Topic: New mocs (FINISHED)  (Read 17575 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: New mocs
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 06:35:33 pm »
Better put an extra layer on the left foot trucker. You'll be shifting a hole right through!
Unless he's a floater.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 08:25:26 pm »
Great mocs! Scary feet !
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 01:47:25 am »
Better put an extra layer on the left foot trucker. You'll be shifting a hole right through!
Unless he's a floater.

I'm neither now.  The kenebago has an automatic! ::)  Just for the record, I never was a double clutcher.  Big truck trannies have been synchronized since long before I hit the road.
John- don't be making fun of my hobbit feet!  Think of the money I save on water skis and snow shoes.  Lol!
Thanks fellas!  Josh

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 02:20:50 am »
Unless he's a floater.

I'm neither now.  The kenebago has an automatic! ::)  Just for the record, I never was a double clutcher.  Big truck trannies have been synchronized since long before I hit the road.
John- don't be making fun of my hobbit feet!  Think of the money I save on water skis and snow shoes.  Lol!
Thanks fellas!  Josh

Holy crap Josh I literally laughed so hard I got a stomach cramp!

I would love to see a build along! But I would love to have something to go by to make knee high moc's!?  Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 07:55:04 am »
Josh I like the old saying "out of sight out of mind". The before and after is remarkable as seen in the photos below.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 08:27:06 am »
Hahaha hahaha!  ;D :o :o :-[ :-X :laugh: :laugh:  :'( :'( >:D >:D  :laugh: :laugh:

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 09:03:01 am »
A build-a-long would be great!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 09:17:12 am »
I would enjoy a build along too Josh.

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 09:55:36 am »
My last job was slowly phasing out the manuals. It was way simpler to control a salter, 2 plows and drive without having to shift too!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 10:27:47 am »
Good one John!  Lol!
I'll be sure to show how to pattern and size the right one.  If I get some more leather, I'll do a knee high style buildalong for you Patrick.  My moccasins are quite simple and just functional like most of my leatherwork.  I'm sure there are folks on here that make nicer moccasins than I do.  I would sure like to see how they do it. 
Joe-I can see the advantage of an automatic with your old job.  With my job of pulling unbaffled tankers, the automatic isn't so practical.  Everytime the liquid hits the back of the trailer and pulls down the engine, the transmission tries to drop a couple gears to compensate.  Then the liquid comes racing back forward and hits the front of the tank so hard it feels like a 45,000 lb slide hammer!  I miss my 18 speed.  Josh

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 10:33:35 am »
We also applied salt brine to roads prior to storms. We made sprayers for trucks with 1600 gallon tanks. We used "baffle balls" to stop the surge. In a 1600 gallon tank they only displaced 10 gallons. Perhaps something to look into.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 10:55:48 am »
Thanks Josh, you don't have to do that just for me. I've just always wanted a pair. Would like to hint in them to. Have you ever tried elephant for the soles? That stuff is tougher than nails. I get it at springfield leather here in springfield MO. If your ever through here holler at me. I would love to meet up and go to the leather shop anytime. I always tell my buddy I could go broke just to go buy a couple of pieces out of their scrap bin. I would leave with a truck load! Patrick

Offline Josh B

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 11:15:22 pm »
Joe...I appreciate the suggestion.  Unfortunately the reason we pull unbaffled tanks is so that we can be absolutely sure that every vestige of prior product is cleaned from the tank in order to prevent contamination with the next product to be loaded.  Baffles of any sort make absolute sanitation impossible.  I just do like Johnny Cash sang and get a rhythm!   You get a feel for the surge after awhile and learn how to use the throttle to calm it down.  Unfortunately the automatic tranny only operates reactively as opposed to proactively which makes that difficult.
Patrick...I've never used elephant hide.  That ought to be tough stuff.  I may take you up on the offer to go to the leathershop some day.  There's not one anywhere near where I live.  Although that's probably a good thing.  Lol!
Thanks again fellas!  I'll get back on this project next week.  Josh

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 01:44:59 am »
Joe...I appreciate the suggestion.  Unfortunately the reason we pull unbaffled tanks is so that we can be absolutely sure that every vestige of prior product is cleaned from the tank in order to prevent contamination with the next product to be loaded.  Baffles of any sort make absolute sanitation impossible.  I just do like Johnny Cash sang and get a rhythm!   You get a feel for the surge after awhile and learn how to use the throttle to calm it down.  Unfortunately the automatic tranny only operates reactively as opposed to proactively which makes that difficult.
Patrick...I've never used elephant hide.  That ought to be tough stuff.  I may take you up on the offer to go to the leathershop some day.  There's not one anywhere near where I live.  Although that's probably a good thing.  Lol!
Thanks again fellas!  I'll get back on this project next week.  Josh

No problem Josh, just let me know when you are in town and if they are open that day we will do just that! Patrick

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 10:32:59 am »
Some products we used had to be transported unbaffled as well. Asphalt products develop "Scum Cap" that clogs the pups.