Author Topic: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...  (Read 126115 times)

Offline hunterbob

Re: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...
« Reply #660 on: July 13, 2016, 11:42:18 am »
Ok. The trade bow is on its way

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #661 on: July 14, 2016, 04:33:31 am »
I got mine yesterday at mojam,  hand delivered by Paul! What a beautiful, beautiful piece of wood! He also included 3 ash arrows a bow sock. What a bow,  it's gorgeous. Not much lipstick and makeup but this one doesn't need anything. It is perfect and draws as smooth as babies butt. I'll try to get some pictures posted when I get home!
Thank you my friend!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #662 on: July 14, 2016, 07:44:21 am »
You lucky dog patrick.  Can't wait to see pictures.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #663 on: July 15, 2016, 10:04:12 am »
Beadman sent you a PM.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #664 on: July 17, 2016, 03:49:50 pm »
Just like patrick I recieved a hand delivered snake skin backed osage bow at MoJam. Delivered by Patrick himself. It's a BEAUTIFUL bow, that's smooth drawing, quick, and very quiet. Two things that make it even better. He added 'coon tail string silencers. And I got to help with handle wrap without even knowing it was going to me. Which the wrap is sweet looking and very unique being hackberry bark. I hope I can take some pictures that do the bow justice. As long as the weather holds out I'll get some pictures after work tomorrow and get them up tomorrow night.

Thanks a BUNCH for such and awesome bow!!!

Kyle

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #665 on: July 17, 2016, 04:07:06 pm »
You are very welcome Kyle!

I was kinda worried about you seeing it take its final shape but it was pretty cool that you helped me wrap the handle. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #666 on: July 17, 2016, 04:37:19 pm »
Congrats Kyle. I have one of Patrick's bows. He does awesome work. That's to cool that you got to help him and didn't even realize it was for you.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #667 on: July 17, 2016, 05:39:15 pm »
I got mine yesterday at mojam,  hand delivered by Paul! What a beautiful, beautiful piece of wood! He also included 3 ash arrows a bow sock. What a bow,  it's gorgeous. Not much lipstick and makeup but this one doesn't need anything. It is perfect and draws as smooth as babies butt. I'll try to get some pictures posted when I get home!
Thank you my friend!

Patrick

Glad you like it Patrick. It was from the nicest stave that I had left and couldn't be for a nicer guy.
But, I warned you guys that I make plain and simple bows when you started this...  ;)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #668 on: July 17, 2016, 06:46:28 pm »
Recieved my bow from hunterbob when I arrived back from Mojam late saturday night.Very nice well made beautiful bow.It'll serve me for years.Thank you very much.I'll get pics up[a bunch] of it soon after shooting it some first.It's a sapwood backed osage.Never owned or even shot one before.
Mojam was busy with lots of characters there of course again.Did some trading/shooting/and bulls!@#ing.Right up my alley!!!!Had a blast again.Got a pic of my victim recieving the stick I made for him too.
Kuddos to the fellas helping the newbies along with their first bows at this event.The whole club there in general too.Well put on event!!!!!
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #669 on: July 17, 2016, 08:17:16 pm »
Here's the pic of David receiving bow from me at Mojam.

Some more pics of Mojam clout shoot.

Who's this fella????????
BowEd
Ed

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #670 on: July 17, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »
Looks a lot like Mr Stanbury.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #671 on: July 17, 2016, 08:50:33 pm »
You got it Chris....Another pic of clout shoot.
BowEd
Ed

Offline DavidV

« Reply #672 on: July 17, 2016, 09:08:37 pm »
Didn't see you when we were heading out Ed, but the bow shot my heavy douglas fir arrows straight and with a punch.

Had fun at MoJam and wish we could have stayed longer.
Springfield, MO

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #673 on: July 17, 2016, 10:37:17 pm »
Man I would love to make mojam one of these years. I would really like to meet you guys and work on some wood.
Glad you like the bow beadman . I hope it shoots as good for you as it did for me. And it makes it to the woods with you on some hunts be it stumps or game.

Offline J05H

« Reply #674 on: July 18, 2016, 08:08:05 pm »
I recieved my trade bow from Arvin last week, but today's the first chance I've had to post about it. I've been real busy lately. Anyway, I don't have a full draw yet, but here are the rest of the pics. I haven't shot it yet, but I don't need to to know that I love it. It's at the same time both elegant and simplistic. I think its beautiful.

If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.