Author Topic: Christmas Trade Pics.  (Read 89724 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: Christmas Trade Pics.
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2016, 11:39:16 am »
Sick kid, sick wife, me sick. WE all have time. I'm getting closer.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2016, 08:53:20 pm »
I don't mind pink either. Takes a man to shoot pink. LOL. I have some purple nugent shafts fletched with pink.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2016, 05:54:36 pm »
Frustrating day in the leather shop!  >:(   I got all the pieces for the Plains style quiver cut out, all the stitching holes punched and got the body of the quiver stitched. Each stitching hole in the body was individually hand punched with an awl. With hair on hides you have to stitch the project  inside out then reverse it. Well, I got the stitching done and realized I couldn't reverse it. I've removed the stitches and put the hair-on deer hide away for another project and will(when I'm not so frustrated) make the body of the quiver with other leather. Oh well, in the words of Grandpa Jones...life gets tedious sometimes.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline uwe

« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2016, 11:34:23 am »
Its finished! Nearly all "Whites" have been onto this leather. I couldn`t get that beads anymore which I had in my board. There are a few differnet "whites". My research gave that the Natives even used different colourshades (correct words? Sorry ´` m a Kraut!  ;D). Now I`ll have to go to the postoffice and look what they tell me to write down for the customs, item, value of the contents etc. and finally what they charge me. Anybody any idea because of the US customs?
I hope the Christmas Trade partner will like it.
Regards
Uwe

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2016, 12:00:04 pm »
From one transplanted kraut to another, nice vest!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2016, 01:26:00 pm »
That is beautiful, I'm sure it will hold a place of honor with your recipient!

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2016, 01:57:30 pm »
Uwe that's some beautiful bead work.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2016, 04:09:24 pm »
Wow! That is amazing workmanship.

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2016, 06:11:31 pm »
Man that's awesome! 
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2016, 10:05:31 pm »
Wow someone will be very happy with that! Nice beadwork uwe! - Brendan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2016, 11:48:21 pm »
Very nice work, Uwe. Someone will be happy with that.
 Tell the PO it is a gift, craft items with a low value.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2016, 09:40:55 am »
Very Nice UWE!
Someone will love that awesome gift.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2016, 09:53:34 am »
Quite an exhibition of a labor of love.Outstanding!!!!About as much work as beading a baby cradle.Those are astounding too.A great devotion of time.Your recipient should be thrilled.You sure put pressure on the supplies of white beads.All lazy siouw stitched???Maybe cheyenne stitched looping on the previous row.Don't think so though.That usually makes a flatter layout.Lazy siouw is a little more humped.Always liked those geometric designs.Early 1800's period.Did you ever weigh it?
Let's see once too.You got pony trader blues on there and greasy yellows that I see.Not only are your  lines good your choice of conlors is very traditional too.Saw tooth edgeing too.Maybe cobalt blues???The value on that is quite high.From one beader to another great job.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:49:03 am by Beadman »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Stringman

« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2016, 01:16:11 pm »
This is kinda what I'm leaning towards for my contribution. Blanks are cherry, box elder, and maple burl. Any objections?

Offline uwe

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2016, 01:21:41 pm »
Thank you for the good replies. Yes, its all lazy stitch. I bought the beads at different events, like Powwows in Germany and as well as Hudsons Bay Company in Germany near Munich. I`ve chosen the greasy beads. They are the traditional Lakota preferred beads.When I started, I did the edges first- that should be the finish. But then I took the chellenge, absolutely crazy to bead it. It weighs including the package and a few little flint replicas in small plastic boxes 2,5kg. The replicas are copies of finds in Germay from the early stoneage.
The vest is in the style of the reservation time about 1890, although I don`t like that era! It always makes me sad! But those were the times...
Yes, when I remember it correct there is cobalt blue for the teethed edges.These I`d bought 15 years ago at a spot called Pullman City in the Harz mountains in the eastern part of Germany. I`d never seen beads in that colour again and I`m happy to have bought them. They have a website.
I had to tell at the postoffice about the contents and the value. I had to put 85 Euros for the leather and the beads onto the papers, but marked it as a present not as a tradeitem for sale.
Finally I hope that the trade itemwill find its way safe to West Coast of the US. May the receiver drop a line after he`s got it.
Regards
Uwe