Author Topic: Christmas Trade Pics.  (Read 89730 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Christmas Trade Pics.
« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2016, 06:44:50 pm »
Very nice batch of arrows, Marlen.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #316 on: December 19, 2016, 12:19:02 pm »
Mine is on Santa's sleigh should be to its destination before Christmas
Bjrogg 
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #317 on: December 19, 2016, 02:04:43 pm »
I just checked my tracking #. It says weather is too bad to deliver will try again on next business Day.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2016, 10:33:58 pm »
I was having a really crappy day today I had a waterline break in the barn last night then when we went to check heifers this morning one got out last night & tried to jump back over the feed rail her back leg got caught in the rail & she was hanging there by her back leg after we got her loose she couldn't get up so I had to shoot her & haul her to the butcher shop. When I was going past the house with the tractor & spreader I seen a white tube on the porch I had to stop & see what it was. It was from Pearly & what a sweet oceanspray bow with rat snake skin on it came out of the tube can't wait to shoot it. When I seen it that was all it took to cheer me up the rest of the day. Thanks Chris it's a beauty. I'll try to post some pics if I can't get photo bucket to work I'll see if I can email somebody the pics to post for me.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #319 on: December 20, 2016, 08:50:01 am »
Farming can be a real b*tch in the cold winter months, been there done that. Glad the bow brightened your day!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #320 on: December 20, 2016, 09:03:52 am »
Pearl said it all Rob, some people think it's cruel the way we raise livestock. Sometimes I think the livestock has it better than us. Sure glad your day was brightened up by that Pearly Prize. Nice gift Pearl and great timing
Bjrogg

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #321 on: December 20, 2016, 09:45:47 am »
I am still working on my gift but I have had some delays work was more busy than usual heading into the end of the semester, and then my basement flooded leaving me without a workshop until we get things cleaned up. I expect that I will ship now after Christmas. Sorry for the wait :-[

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #322 on: December 20, 2016, 10:35:12 am »
Forgot to mention, I sent my package off last week.
I was really hoping to make a bow for my guy, but I ran out of
time. I hope he likes what I sent, he makes better bows than me anyways!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2016, 11:06:50 am »
I'm still trying to get mine out too. A house full of sick people. Lots of fun. I'll get mine out as soon as I can.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline bubby

« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2016, 12:33:48 pm »
Lucky Robbie a pearlie bow is special
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2016, 08:29:54 pm »
WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!
I took a walk to the post office today and there was a package almost as tall as me  waiting for me.
I live only 5 houses from the P.O. but the walk back seemed to take 20 minutes, I could not get home fast enough.

When I opened the box I found a really cool little box call that was the perfect gift for me because I collect turkey calls, it will make a nice addition to my collection.
There was a tanned deer hide that I will put to good use some day, perhaps a possibles bag.
There were a dozen expertly crafted cedar arrows fletched with turkey feathers, A WHOLE DOZEN!!!
Also...Yes there was MORE!
Wrapped in news paper and lot's of tape what was obviously a bow!
I took my time unwrapping it... When it came into the light of day, it was if I could hear the angels singing!
What an awesome!, awesome! bow!!!
HHB, 65" tip to tip, perfect 1/4" positive tiller, red leather grip, Tip over lays that look to be paduak, zebra wood and ebony!
even the string is of superior quality, I teach string making to kids at our archery camp every summer and I can't make a string this good! I don't know the poundage but I bet it will hammer the target! I can't wait to shoot it!
We have a group that shoots through the winter at Hawkeye, we start New Year's morning every year, I can't wait for 2017!!!
WOW!
Did I say WOW!?
THANK YOU HUNTERBOB!!!!!
What an awesome gift!!!!
I have been having trouble posting pics, but I think I can figure out how to resize them, if I can, I'll post pics soon.
WOW!
THANK YOU HUNTERBOB!!!!!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #326 on: December 20, 2016, 08:51:03 pm »
Wow is right Kevin, that is an awesome gift. Hunter Bob that really getting in the giving sprit, fantastic gift.

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #327 on: December 20, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »
You are more than welcome Kevin.  It was my pleasure to send you some gifts. I really enjoy these christmas trades . And that was my first time ever trying my handd at turkey call making. I thought it sounded pretty good. But you being a collector would know way more than me.  I hope the bow fits you well. I don't have a good scale so I just wing it. That is HHB I harvest right here in Ohio . And the stain is a blackberry base with a few different stains over it . And I believe you nailed the tip overlay woods . I really liked the way the blood wood tipped the ends. And thank you for the string compliment.  That is D97 . Merry Christmas Kevin and all on PA .

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #328 on: December 20, 2016, 10:29:00 pm »
Gutshot out did himself on a nice bow killed? deer hide back quiver w antler tip enclosers. Love the tanning job on it. Paul, if you tanned it. I'd love a pm w the recipe. Also three self noched and wrapped Tonkin Cain arrows w all the fixings to fletch and field points too. May stone point these though. And last of all, a killer box to send my gift out in. 😃😃 Awesome gifts Paul, they will get used.

Ps I'm serious about the recipe now. Thanks a lot man, it's a gooder!! dpgratz

Pps I'll try to get some pics up this weekend.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:33:24 pm by bowtarist »
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #329 on: December 20, 2016, 11:22:34 pm »
Wow! Some really impressive generosity happening around here and before the big day even. I may have to add a few more things to the gift bag/box.

I doubt I'll get mine out before January. I have soooo many gifts I'm currently working on, for my family and friends as well as the trade. I still have no idea which ones will end up where, but I'll mention a few of the impressive ones. The list includes, hand made wooden fly boxes(filled with flies of course), an elk jaw tomahawk,  N.A. flutes of cedar and poplar, a half dozen arrows, buckskin knee high mocs, a few wood burnings  and a fair amount of local raw materials.   

Happy Holidays fellas.

I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna