Author Topic: WARNING!!!  (Read 9662 times)

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

Re: WARNING!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 12:01:16 pm »
Hey, I'm all good as long as we don't start seeing ads on the forum for lonely asian housewives that want to meet, lol.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 04:19:56 pm »
Sometimes it pops up at the top of my screen. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 05:00:39 pm »

Again make it simple, No links. I totally understand and agree with your statement......But to butcher a link is childish, it still achieves the same results against the advertiser. That reminds me of the police telling you how to use technicalities against the police themselves...don't make sense to me.

I personally (if I were a advertiser) Would care less about links.......Unless it were to DIRECT competitors of archery related supplies, not Ford trucks. Just about any link will lead you to advertisement......thought that was the whole reason for websites in general, even chat websites.

Quite frankly Brian I have always thought that just removing the www was a bit of a lame way to fix the problem, you would have to be an idiot not to know how to fix that.  It's always been a thorny subject

Someone sent me an email suggesting using code to stop links, have no idea what he was talking about
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 06:05:25 pm »
I'm starting to think like Brian and just eliminate Links. Then when it happens practice Darwin's Theory and Ban till just the ones left understand. :)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline JEB

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 07:12:37 pm »
I made the mistake of trying to help someone out on here by posting all the info I could about where he could get some really nice bamboo. shafts.  I got spoken to on here like I was some kind to 10 year old because I didn't, as one of the moderators put it, "READ THE RULES". Well he was right, I didn't read the rules, made  a mistake, an honest on at that and I went and read them, top to bottom.

Bottom line is I now send all info on items available by PM.

At least Pat addressed this issue with some civility.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 08:26:37 pm »
Yep, JEB, that was me and you let me know it and I apologise. But, that was after a long episode, like now,  that is going on again. A few that just want to pick rules apart when it is pretty simple, common sense.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline JEB

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2016, 09:26:53 pm »
Mr. Parker I don't remember the apology but if your last post was it, we move on.

But, I think in most cases there is no "intent" to break the rules but to help people out and it is done in an anxious way that rules slip their mind.  That is what this site is all about for the most part, helping like minded people make things, obtain materials and instruct folks on how to do things. This site is a club with many very talented people who go out of their way to share their knowledge.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 11:17:28 am »
Mr. Parker I don't remember the apology but if your last post was it, we move on.

But, I think in most cases there is no "intent" to break the rules but to help people out and it is done in an anxious way that rules slip their mind.  That is what this site is all about for the most part, helping like minded people make things, obtain materials and instruct folks on how to do things. This site is a club with many very talented people who go out of their way to share their knowledge.

We do want to be helpful. But rules be rules. And men take full responsibility for their mistakes and move on. I haven't seen many on this site who don't fit into that category. And the ones who pass the buck don't stick around anyway.

If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 02:41:36 pm »
That is what this site is all about for the most part, helping like minded people make things, obtain materials and instruct folks on how to do things. This site is a club with many very talented people who go out of their way to share their knowledge.

Maybe so but the original intent of this site, the real reason it was created by PA Magazine, was to be a place for subscribers of the magazine to come and talk about and ask questions about the magazine, be it articles or other questions.

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2016, 09:18:21 pm »

Again make it simple, No links. I totally understand and agree with your statement......But to butcher a link is childish, it still achieves the same results against the advertiser. That reminds me of the police telling you how to use technicalities against the police themselves...don't make sense to me.

I personally (if I were a advertiser) Would care less about links.......Unless it were to DIRECT competitors of archery related supplies, not Ford trucks. Just about any link will lead you to advertisement......thought that was the whole reason for websites in general, even chat websites.

Quite frankly Brian I have always thought that just removing the www was a bit of a lame way to fix the problem, you would have to be an idiot not to know how to fix that.  It's always been a thorny subject

Someone sent me an email suggesting using code to stop links, have no idea what he was talking about

Whatever you guys decide is great, just confused on what links are "good links" and those that are off limits. It's an archery magazine, a business......I run one myself, and would not want someone to step on my toes, by accident, or on purpose. Your dealing with the general public that wants to get to A-Z as fast as possible. I would think Simplicity to be the most effective solution......02    And why in the heck won't my Icons work?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:25:26 pm by vinemaplebows »
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2016, 09:52:37 pm »
Mine wouldn't work when Microsoft changed me to Windows 10. After about 3 months they started working. :-\
Lakeland, Florida

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2016, 10:07:37 pm »
Mine wouldn't work when Microsoft changed me to Windows 10. After about 3 months they started working. :-\

Great, now I have to be real careful how I write things, wouldn't want to offend anyone..:)

Apparently if you happen to put in the right code your rewarded with a smiley, because my icons still don't work ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:11:29 pm by vinemaplebows »
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2016, 09:57:27 am »
Just to clarify.  I have had several people ask me if such and such a link was okay and as long as it doesn't have any archery related commercial content then I say it's fine.  If the site is selling archery or hunting related items then it's best to ask or check the list of advertisers

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 03:43:49 pm »
Anybody that would argue with the rules on this site, especially if they are not a subscriber to PA, is out of line. I feel like I just read a pissing match and it kinda made me mad. If you don't like the rules, stay off the site. That seems pretty easy to me. This is not your normal site. Lots of us know each other personally and the people at PA and respect their wishes. If you don't subscribe to PA and want to be on this site, you gotta respect the owners wishes regardless if you agree or not. Links to videos not selling things are good, if items are being sold on the link, not good. Like it or leave us to our rules. sheesh, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline loon

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 03:37:40 am »
The pissing match ended. And I just wanted clarification. Maybe I came off the wrong way, though.
Don't get the point of all this offense.
Yeah I subscribed. Wish there were back issues online.

PN501312.. what was the point of having these in the forum profile?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:13:37 am by loon »