Author Topic: Danzn Bar's Deer Camp (picture heavy)  (Read 13312 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Danzn Bar's Deer Camp (picture heavy)
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:43:11 am »
Pearly and Badly Bent spent a week at Danzn Bar's deer camp.  I was able to come and hang out with them for a couple of days.  The place was absolutely beautiful.  It was very peaceful and relaxing.  When Pearly and Greg would head to the woods me and Bill would hit the lakes.  I haven't bass fished for about 15 years so I was a little rusty.  It didn't take me long to get going again.  We even got a little bit of bow work done.  Bill was an excellent host.  The meals were amazing.  The deer were scarce but the mosquitoes were plentiful.  It was nice to relax for a couple of days with some good friends.  Thanks for letting me join in on the fun guys. 

I'll post my pictures.  I'm sure they others will be along shortly to add theirs. 

The view from the dock

The guys heading out for a morning hunt

Pearly doing what he does best

The view from the cabin

Bill with a nice bass

My best catch

Bill caught this little guy and I though it was hilarious

Until the next morning when I caught one smaller than the lure I was using

We caught enough to clean 

The view from the boat

Greg and Pearly coming back from a hunt

Pearly testing out the bow I was working on

I found out I'm pretty decent at throwing a hawk

The three deer hunters

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Danzn Bar's Deer Camp (picture heavy)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:03:21 am »
Looks like fabulous area, guys! And good time had by all, am sure.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 10:14:09 am »
Thanks for starting the post for me Clint  my laptop went out so I'm using my phone. I will not be able too post all of the deer pics we have. ;)  It was the hottest week before gun season ever. My wife said that the all time highest temps we're broke two of the days. Had a great time Arrowbuster stopped by for a visit. Deer we're not moving much but I still enjoyed the company.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 10:30:57 am »
Looks like good times, beautiful place Bill and a great way to spend a week or 3😃. I know the food was good, plus hunting and fishing with bow work thrown in it don't get much better
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 11:13:29 am »
Wow that looks like a lot of fun right there. Nice place Bill. Looks like you got alittle slice of heaven going on!

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 12:14:55 pm »
Man o man that looks like a beautiful spot.
Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 01:13:24 pm »
Beautiful place, Bill. Good friends, good food and gorgeous surroundings...if only Pearlie had worn long pants it would have been perfect.  ;D   ;)
 Too hot and dry here too. We only had 3/4" of rain last month and no rain in sight for the next 10 days at least. We should have had 4" to 6" last month. I think we are behind by 10" at least. Fire danger is high and that can be scary.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 02:08:38 pm »
Oh... Deer camp... I thought you said Beer camp... but was I really wrong? ;)
Looks like a great place, and great company  :laugh:.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 03:34:38 pm »
What a slice of life! 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 04:31:12 pm »
Had a great time, a week at Bill's camp is as good as it gets. What a host Bill was, the big guy gave us full access of nearly 1000 acres of beautiful hills, woods and lakes, fed us some great food and made us comfortable all around. Hanging with
Clint for a couple days was fun as it always is. Good to meet the other Bill (arrowbuster) when he stopped over. And by the way Bill we didn't let that bourbon you brought go to waste the rest of the week, had to celebrate the CUBS WIN ya know.
Hunting was slow, probably because of the heat but that didn't slow me and Pearly down. Exploring the property and seeing
all the fine deer habitat with out running into another soul was a treat. Shooting arrows, eating, fishing and telling stories around camp mid day and evenings was the perfect way to spend time between hunts. Gonna be hard to go back to work tomorrow after that week. :)
Thanks D-Bar, was a great week my friend.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 09:08:04 pm »
Looks like you guys had a great time.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 04:47:14 am »
Wow what a place ! That's what it's all about - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 07:38:07 am »
You don't like my great nordern tan, Pat? :)

I have a ton of pics on my phone to edit and get posted on here. I think Greg ran out of Kodak Polaroid film, Paul Simon let him borrow it from '71 :):):):) He swears he is getting a smart phone right quick.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 07:52:14 am »
Fun looking at those pictures.  Looks like a really beautiful place and great company.
Can't believe you guys are still rolling in shorts...amazing.  10 more years and Florida weather will go all the way to Nashville!
1’—>1’

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 08:21:28 am »
Parnell,   it was 80 degrees.  We sat outside in the evenings in shorts and t shirts.   We didn't even start a fire. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left