Author Topic: 2017 Supply trade sign up  (Read 42529 times)

Offline DuBois

Re: 2017 Supply trade sign up
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2017, 08:40:10 pm »
Please excuse the attire  :-\

Offline EdwardS

« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2017, 08:43:13 pm »
And I'm shipped.  Got my box to the PO today.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2017, 08:45:52 pm »
Nice bunch of sticks and stones you got there hawk!

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2017, 08:56:23 pm »
Dakota Kid  I'm glad the packages made it to you in one piece. I hope you will be able to use everything. I'm sorry to hear about the bow. Those grease woods makes a really good fore shaft.

Nice material Hawk. 

Man DuBois you sure hit the jack pot with all that great materials I can't wait to see what you put together.
Northern Ute

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2017, 09:09:06 pm »
I got what seemed like a never ending box of goodies today. Stuff just kept falling out ;D it's all awesome! Thanks Dubois! Got some Osage, some cane arrow shafts, heads, trade points, and all kinds of bison parts. Ribs, lower jaw bones, fur, a horn and a bag full of gator gar scales. It's all awesome. Got everything I need to make a new turkey huntin bow! Thanks again!!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2017, 09:14:11 pm »
Wow guys!  Those are some nice looking goods.  Congrats Dubes and Dave.  That should keep you guys busy for a while.

I'll mark you down as shipped Edward S.   Thanks.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Stringman

« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2017, 09:33:59 pm »
Man the smiles are rolling in now! Good to see the boxes arriving!

Marco, you were very close on most of it. Red tail boa, Georgetown chert blade, and the sinew is whitetail. Everything else, you nailed it. Enjoy! Now let's see a drum head already!   >:D >:D

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2017, 09:58:00 pm »
Holy hotcakes! That is one sweet package DuBois. From what I gather you're a good man and deserve every item.  :) Enjoy!
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2017, 10:24:58 pm »
Dave that's a nice box of goods Marco sent ya. Just wandering what your gonna make with the rib bones.

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2017, 09:56:57 am »
If you do scrimshaw those buffalo ribs will make excellent feathers for a necklace.
Northern Ute

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2017, 10:11:38 am »
Wow, great stuff guys. 
I use a buffalo rib bone as the bow in my bow drill set, works great.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2017, 10:25:18 am »
Thanks Clint. Problems with my computer.
Pearly sent me a couple blocks of very nice wood, some nice raw hide, enough for 2
bows I think,  some nice silk which I use a lot of, and a takendown sleeve. Haven't made a TD yet, so I guess I'll have to now! Also, some Rush drums sticks haha. Thanks Chris!

I knew you used a ton of silk thread, that spool should last a while. The wood is purple heart and goncola alvas. I knew you hadn't made a take down and I figured it was time you use some of those billets you have around. The sticks were just for fun :) They are used, but only lightly.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2017, 12:41:01 pm »
first I have to say, I'm finishing up a package to be shipped out today.
that being said, I got a box in the mail last night, however my grand kids were over and we were playing and I didn't get to take a pic. so here is what was in the box. WOW! I got a letter from Bjorgg in the box he said he didn't want to send me something I already had. Well he got me some thing I didn't already have. I got a really nice Red Fox pelt, an awesome Mink hide and last but not least a really cool muskrat pelt. I'm wanting to tan these hides as I do not have a plan as to what to make. I'm torn between trying to brain tan them ( i saved some buck brains) or getting a commercial tan (leaning this way) so I don't wast them. either way, these are awesome, Thank you BJorgg.. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2017, 12:51:06 pm »
I'm really glad you like them Ed, I figured you probably had better supplies of everything else I had anyway. I wish the fox was a little darker red but it has really nice fur and still has all it gar hairs on it's side. They start losing them laying on the snow all winter. The mink and muskrat are both really good winter hides to. I think muskrat is some of the most under appreciated fur. We have some really nice winter rats.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2017, 01:15:51 pm »
Nice looking furs Ed!  Make sure and let me know when you ship so I can mark you down. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left