Author Topic: 12 oz. curl  (Read 10487 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
12 oz. curl
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:32:32 am »
It's been awhile since I posted a bow. I've got a bunch I need to take pictures of but it's cold outside and my phone has to many pictures on it and I had to delete a bunch to take anymore.

I got this stave from Clint at Marshall this year. It was on the shorter side about 54". Fits me good. I was going to make a stiff handle but had just finished a really sweet bend through the handle that I really like. I decided to make this one bendy to. I took it hunting several times late season doe but didn't get a shot. It's nothing fancy. Osage bendy with white tail Antler overlays and wrapped handle with leather from a old coat someone gave me. It's around 48 @ 24" but can be drawn a bit more.
I haven't hunted from it yet but have practiced shooting it from pop up blind. I do like the size and it's incredibly light. Came in at exactly 12 oz. before I wrapped handle and put on overlays. Hence the name 12 oz. curl for all you adult beverage drinkers out there. If I don't give this one away I'll be hunting with it next season. Not the greatest pictures but better than none.
Bjrogg
PS you also get a little tease about another project I've been working on. My "presentation pole". Needed something to display my stuff when people ask me to do a presentation. I really like it and have lots of additional features to add.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: 12 oz. curl
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 11:35:35 am »
More

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:37:02 am »
The profiles

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 12:11:04 pm »
Gorgeous curves, you could get that back to 26” easy

Offline ksnow

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 12:14:38 pm »
Very nice, definitely has that BJ look about it. You make some nice looking bows. That presentation pole is nice also. Gives me some ideas....

Kyle

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 12:25:30 pm »
Very nice bjrogg!  I like this style of bow a lot.  I love the simplicity of it and like you mention it feels like you are carrying a feather around. 
Nice bend and I like the recurves  :OK

Offline bassman

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 12:33:39 pm »
Great little bow Brogg. Like all the curves.That has to be a fast little devil.Like the pole idea too.Looks like you have some other nice bows hanging on the pole.You do excellent work.

Offline hoosierf

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 12:46:52 pm »
Love it.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 01:02:00 pm »
Not too shabby BJ!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 01:20:10 pm »
Thanks Dylan, it's been there several times already. I was making this one to give to someone but I'm liking it a lot. I can always make another one I like a lot though. I do like shooting it in confined area though.

Thanks Kyle. You make some really cool stuff to. I like your style and look forward to seeing you at Marshall again. I really like my presentation pole. It's very adaptable and I've got lots of ideas for hanging more stuff from it. You'll be seeing more of it.

Thanks Ben. I to like the simplicity, maneuverability and feather light feel of it. I need to tune some shorter arrows to her to really take advantage of it.

Thanks Bassman. You do to. Nice to see you here. Been enjoying your contributions.
Thanks hoosierf

Thanks Pearl. That's probably a pretty good description. Not to fancy, but not to shabby. Glad to see you here to.
Bjrogg

Offline Badger

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 01:29:21 pm »
   I like it, really did a good job holding the profile, great job on that one!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 01:49:57 pm »
That turned out great BJ.  I like the bendy design with the curved tips.  Looks like it would make a good turkey hunting bow.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 02:05:12 pm »
Thanks Badger. I've been doing better holding profiles now. Gotta keep learning and tweaking things.

Thanks Clint. I'm really hoping to get to turkey hunt this spring with her. That's why I was practicing from the pop up.
Bjrogg

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 02:27:50 pm »
Nice bow.  Full draw profile looks really good
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Danzn Bar