Author Topic: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS  (Read 113609 times)

Offline DanaM

A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:00:28 am »
Can't help but notice that we have a ton of new folks joining up, glad to see ya all.

Now do me a favor and take a minute to introduce yourself and tell us where your from

or even better yet put at least your state in the signature line on your profile. This goes for you guys that have

been on here for years also. You never know someone may live right by you and be willing to help out or could just be someone to

shoot or hunt with. Also for all of you folks that don't have a subscription to Primitive Archer, shame on you as that is what makes this site possible.

Welcome aboard folks ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: A REQUEST FOR THE NEW FOLKS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 10:02:52 am »
Heck Dana....there not all as Freindly as Us Yoopers....We got nutin ta Hide!!! I listed everyting...even da ole email address....ya want da wifes phone number too!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:43:13 am »
OK. I put m state in, Dana. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:48:27 am »
Thanks Jawge see that wasn't painful now was it :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:56:17 am »
No, but honestly, you were the only one who told me how to do it and where to put it so I did it and that was easy. I don't regret it for one single second. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline bcbull

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:45:06 pm »
OK  DANA  GOT  IT  DONE ! NOW LETS HOPE I CAN FIND SOME NEW SHOOTIN BUD S HAHA GET LONLEY OUT HERE HAHA

salad days

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 01:49:52 pm »
Thats great. I'm new to traditional archery but I've been wanting to build my own bow for a few years. A few months ago my dad gave me my grandfathers longbow (posted on this site a while ago) . I love it and I have sold my compound. I just started a hickory backed red oak bow last week. I've soaked in soo much just from reading all of the posts on this site. Since I started shooting this old bow I don't see trees anymore. I just see a buch of bows everywhere.  I've also began to collect a alot of wood. Its a true sickness ;D.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 03:43:35 pm »
Hey October to bad yer a troll ;) ya ever come up north??

Manistique, MI

Offline david w.

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 03:46:34 pm »
I CHANGED MY SIG!!! ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Ranger B

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 04:57:05 pm »
Ok - Intro

I'm Jimmy Blackmon and I've called Clarksville, TN home for the past 5 years.  I'm a North Georgia boy by birth, but I'm in the Army so I've been away from Ga for about 22 years.  I'm assiged to the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).  I've been shooting my whole life but I've only made two bows and am in the process of making my 3rd, an Osage with the hlep of GregB and Pappy.  I've required a lot of help from these fellows so I think I'll name this bow the Bagger in honor of Baggett and Bagwell. 
Ranger B

salad days

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 06:17:52 pm »
Dana, I used to deer hunt in Iron Mountain but I haven't been over the bridge in about 5 years or so.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 07:55:03 pm »
I grew up about 65 miles away from Iron Mountain...used to go to Ralph to Deer Hunt in the late part of the Season....when the deer would Yard up....Nice Country
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

rattlesnake

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 09:29:07 pm »
my name is jeff/snake,   from MA...ive been around the trad seen for some time,.. if anyones in north central mass ,.. ill go shooting , stumping,.. and always have a tree stand for someone during deer season!! i hunt mass , nh, and maine,..you can find me here or on the leatherwall!!...in sportsmanship!!!....snake

humaza

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:07 am »
I'm Iron Legs from chattanooga tanasi, i'm mdewakantowan dakota and anikitawalaski cherokee, i've lived here for the most entirety of my life, and over the past few years have come to deeply value the old school. I love PA magazine and came on here and it just became 20x better, so i'm a n00b in comparison to you seasoned elderlike types

Offline servicebeary

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 03:29:23 pm »
Hey, I'm Nick, or Service-bear-y and I'm from Idaho.  I've hunted with a martin glass bow for ten years (and the glass has bothered me for 9 years)  and just started building my first bow.  Actually have 3 started atm, yew (need to boil and bend limb before tillering, tried steam for 3 hours and it just sucks) serviceberry, and BL.  Any advice on the best size for a boiling pipe?  Anyways, I have lived for hunting since I was 12, and have taken many deer, 3 elk and 3 black bears.  Would like to sell bows in the near future (am I dreaming that I could make good enough bows to sell with only a year or two of experience?)  and is there much of a demand for primitive, plain-jane serviceberry/chokecherry bows?  or could I even sell them for $200 or more if they are quality bows?  I'd also like to find some more seriously dedicated wilderness people to hunt and backpack with (undomesticated humans preferred).  Only problem is that I may be moving soon due to a job, so hopefully I'll land near some serious wilderness types.  Anyone near my neck of the woods?
          ----only been on here about a week, and you guys rock!  I've been crazy busy with school, but I'm renewing my subscription asap:)  probably today         
I take life 1 month in the Montana wilds at a time...