Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Primitive Skills / Re: Life is good
« Last post by Pat B on Today at 02:22:19 pm »
That's cool, Pappy. I bet Sister will be happy with her new pup. Looking forward to meeting her. Does sound like an interesting mix.
 I'm jealous of Beau and your next elk adventure. Maybe you can get one this time. Sounds like a good area.  :OK 
Bows / Re: Ink for Bow Specs
« Last post by Pat B on Today at 02:15:59 pm »
I use Tru-Oil finish too. For writing on bows I use India ink and a quill pen or nib pen but first I spray satin poly where I write. When the poly dries and the ink dries I cover the writing with Tru-Oil first them spray the whole bow with satin poly to cut the shine of the Tru-Oil.
Bows / Re: Ink for Bow Specs
« Last post by superdav95 on Today at 02:11:30 pm »
That’s what I do.  I use paint pens.  Oil based.  I’m sure permanent markers fine tip could work too but my preference is the paint pens by “craft smart”. They come in variety of Colors.  Tru oil can be applied over this or a spray coat clear coat too.  They hold up pretty good without covering too.   
Bows / Re: bamboo backed and bellied hickory bow
« Last post by razorbak on Today at 12:56:59 pm »
Absolutely amazing I’m so envious LOL. I wish I didn’t blow up that stave I got from you LOL you sir make some really beautiful bows!
Around the Campfire / Re: ALONE is back!
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 12:55:49 pm »
Thanks, got it set to tape. Pappy
Bows / Ink for Bow Specs
« Last post by StrawHat on Today at 11:42:38 am »
What type of ink is used to note the specs on a selbow? I used Tru Oil as a finish. Should a finish coat be applied over the ink?
Around the Campfire / Re: ALONE is back!
« Last post by White Falcon on Today at 11:20:03 am »
‘Alone’ Season 11 premieres June 13
Primitive Skills / Re: Life is good
« Last post by wooddamon1 on Today at 11:19:09 am »
Congrats on the new pup and the tags, Pappy! Can't wait to see the recap of the adventure and the puppy pics!
« Last post by wooddamon1 on Today at 11:09:52 am »
Very nice, Dave!
« Last post by superdav95 on Today at 09:58:22 am »
Thanks fellas!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10