Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Primitive Skills / Re: Life is good
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:31:08 pm »
The girsl after a long day, my rack with first coat of sealer. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:29:37 pm »
Got the rack ready to finish, the board in a old piece of plumb plank.  :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:27:55 pm »
Chucks ready to low brace and Josh's off the form. I started on my Turkey leg bow rack. :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:25:19 pm »
Josh showed up working on the Osage bow he started last week, he got it floor tillered and I put it on the form for some tweaking/reflex and taking some propeller out, worked out very nice with just one time on the form. He is ready to cut the knocks and start tillering. :) Annie found a place she really like to rest.  :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:21:15 pm »
Chuck showed up to work on an English style long bow out of a nice Osage stick. :) Lots of kids around having fun in the rain and with Annie.
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:18:46 pm »
Tips done and grip like I like it so ready to shoot. The girls stayed under my feet all day. :)
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:17:01 pm »
Got my Osage back on the tiller tree and got it tillered out to 48@26. Then decided to put some tip over lays on and do some grip and shelf work on it before shooting. This one was a bear to tiller with all the knots/ twists and up and downs in the limbs but seems to be just fine shoots well and held about 2 inches of reflex after starting with about 4.
 Pappy
« Last post by Pappy on Today at 07:12:21 pm »
I hear ya Pat  :) Had a great weekend, rained all day Saturday so spent most of it in the shop and fooling with the new pup. Had several over to hang out ,shoot and work on bows so lots of fun and fellowship also not short on Bull. Annie got a good taste of what life is going to be like around there and pretty much got spoiled right off the bat. Sister and her first meeting, Sister is not as social as Sally was but is really taking up with her after a couple of day, that is a big relief for me. :)
 Pappy
Bows / Re: bamboo backed and bellied hickory bow
« Last post by superdav95 on Today at 04:07:57 pm »
side view

Bows / Re: bamboo backed and bellied hickory bow
« Last post by superdav95 on Today at 03:44:56 pm »
1.  I did not pre bend the back laminations.  I just heat treated them to drive out some moisture and harden it a bit.  I then taper after that out towards the ends.

In that case, what does your form look like for that glue up?

Mark

Mark,   Here is a link to a video I did a while back showing similar set up for belly lam glue up.  This particular one shows a horn belly lam but you get the concept.  It’s pretty much the same.  I tried to find some pics but they are buried somewhere.  Lol.  Pictured here is a set up for my back lamination using bike tubes as many have done.  I add in the amount of reflex I want with clamps to the table.  It’s very important to make sure everything is straight after wrapping with the tubing as it has the tendency to introduce twist and misaligned tips.  The forms I used in this were ideal for horn but could also be used equally well for boo lams.  The only real challenge may be the crown on the belly lams but this can be worked around to get good results. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zdl6ek505rlo19rs3rypy/IMG_3386.MOV?rlkey=m9p5wvow806c4q63bipzzd512&dl=0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10