Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bows / Re: 2024 Bow Trade - sign up open
« Last post by Juan Ant. Espinosa on Today at 07:37:51 pm »
Pappy, the body is the one that doesn´t change (a little with the years)... the back of the bow changes in distance to the string when the same body open a bow with a more or less deeper handle.
So, if you are pulling from the string to your palm say 26", if the handle is 1 inch deep, your draw lenght would be 27". But if the handle is 2 inches deep, your draw length would be 28"... measuring from the string till the back of bow.

If the method is this one, is necessary to specify what kind of handle every one have used to find its own draw lenght. Otherwise makers and users could be talking about different things.
Bows / Re: Latest Osage selfbow
« Last post by Greg on Today at 03:18:57 pm »
Awesome job on an awesome bow
Muzzleloaders / Re: Score!
« Last post by mullet on Today at 03:10:57 pm »
You made out good for sure. I love finding old goodies cheap!
I picked up a Traditions Silver Fox, .54 caliber this past weekend for $90 at a yard sale. I know it's not a traditional sidelock but couldn't pass it up for the price. Now I'm on the lookout for a .53 Round ball mold.
Bows / Re: Hop Horbeam bendy handle 40#@26
« Last post by Will B on Today at 12:34:14 pm »
Nice job on that HHB bow!  I have a couple HHB staves and plan to make one soon. Nice tiller job!
Bows / Re: Fire Hardened Hickory Bow with Copperhead Skins
« Last post by Will B on Today at 12:32:00 pm »
That’s a beauty!  Nice finish work
« Last post by Will B on Today at 12:30:59 pm »
Love that snakey limb!  Excellent tiller. Nice job!
« Last post by superdav95 on Today at 11:41:31 am »
Agreed!  Very very nice bow there.  The tiller is spot on despite the tip at the one end.  That’s not easy to do!  That’s a short bow and people may not realize how difficult it is to get a shorter bow tiller looking that good at full draw.  I agree. You nailed it
Bows / Re: Hop Horbeam bendy handle 40#@26
« Last post by superdav95 on Today at 11:25:40 am »
Nicely done. Looks great.   Hhb is great bow wood if you can find it straight.  When it works it works well
« Last post by bentstick54 on Today at 11:11:37 am »
Thanks everyone. I was happy the way it turned out being the shortest one I’ve made. Tillered out to 50#@28” for safety.
Bows / Re: Rawhide-Backed Osage Recurve
« Last post by bentstick54 on Today at 11:06:11 am »
Great looking bow. Love everything about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10