Author Topic: New to the site & to archery  (Read 3336 times)

Ak thrower

New to the site & to archery
« on: March 29, 2009, 05:55:57 pm »
Hi to all !

I am new to archery ( only started a couple months ago ) , and I am enjoying the sport , My wife has started as well .

A question I have is : My wife shoots right handed , but is left eye dominate and having a hard time trying to group shots . She has to aim about 6 ft to the right and down about 4 ft to be anywheres close to the target , at 15 yrds .

Any help would be great !!

Thanks ,
Bret

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New to the site & to archery
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 06:02:30 pm »
She should maybe switch to left handed shooting.     If she shoots with both eyes open it shouldn't make much difference, I wouldn't think.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 06:09:43 pm »
My wife has the same problem.. she learned to shoot with both eyes open ... and harvested her first deer last fall.. a 4x5 mule deer... welcome to PA and look forward to you and your wife's posts.. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Ak thrower

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:54:18 pm »
Thanks , Guys
I think it's just gonna take time to figure out her own shooting style and practice -practice - practice ! But we're still having a great time together , and thats what its all about . We just bought her a beautiful new 41# longbow & she loves the way it feels ! She was shooting a 40#recurve , that I think will spend more time on the hooks now !

Thanks again for the help !

Bret

Offline Scowler

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 11:36:51 am »
Welcome to archery, Ak thrower.  My wife is also right handed but left eye dominant.  She shoots left handed and has no problems.  Good luck.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 08:01:05 pm »
  I have the same problem. I shoot with both eyes open and center cut the shelves on my hunting bows.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?