Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4707226 times)

Offline Jesse

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2055 on: September 06, 2008, 09:57:56 am »
You guys have it made. Looks like a blast. I miss all that good cooking. 
 Hana's pup is getting big. I thought it was Hanah in the pic.  Tennie is almost40# now also. I might have to bring her down some time.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Ranger B

« Reply #2056 on: September 06, 2008, 12:12:03 pm »
I have heard that the sure bet for this years Deer Classic is the team composed of:
Pappy
Castiron
Ranger B

>:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2057 on: September 08, 2008, 07:32:22 am »
Hope so Jimmy, ;) ;D ;D It will be fun anyway. We had a great weekend,I had to go out of
town Sat. but was back by 4 pm so I didn't miss much except the work. ;) ;D We had the
29th Baggett Bash Sat. evening and night and it went good,not near as wild as it use to be.
I guess we are all getting older and a little milder. :) I did get a little done Friday evening,it was raining so I made a handle for a good friend's Hawk.The first time I have used the wood lathe
in a while.Also got up another stand.Jesse made a very nice gift he plans on giving away at the deer Classic for the top place Trad. shooter.Very nice I will have to try hard.I would love to win it.We
had around 50 at the bash and I got to see a lot of the guys family's.Here are some pictures of the evening.Good friends and some great food.Life is good. :) :) Food plots ,looking good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:50:11 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2058 on: September 08, 2008, 07:35:00 am »
Big A and his family,GregB and his and Jimmy and his Brady bunch. ;) ;D
   Pappy

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:50:48 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2059 on: September 08, 2008, 07:39:08 am »
King Ron and his bunch,Jesse's gift for the Deer Classic,Greg at his best,look who is in the front of the line. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:51:34 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2060 on: September 08, 2008, 07:43:07 am »
Little fun after the meal.Just setting around and telling lies and making plans for the opening weekend,just a couple of weeks away.Can't wait. Hope yall had a good on also. :) :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:52:19 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2061 on: September 08, 2008, 08:12:25 am »
Greg at his best,look who is in the front of the line.   

I was not in the front of the line, at least half way back! :) Pappy was just waiting around with the camera until no one was in front of me! ;) I didn't go back for seconds either...but I did finish my wife's desert. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2062 on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:37 am »
Greg, You are preaching to the choir here. We have all seen you in action! ;)
   Looks like a big time, Pappy. I can't wait til next May to get my fix again.  8) 
   The food plot looks great. We didn't have the opportunity to redo ours this year at my club in GA. We'll just have to depend on the natural mast crops.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2063 on: September 08, 2008, 11:41:52 am »
Ya the mast crop is good here this year also,lots of white Oaks and persimmons,plus
I have about 90 acres of beans so I would think the food plots won't come into play till
later in the year when the mast is running down. Mine were looking good anyway but
needed a little rain and we got a good one Thursday and Friday,just the kind you like'
slow and easy. :) There are tracks all over them now but I suspect they are just checking
the menu for later on.  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2064 on: September 12, 2008, 05:43:42 am »
Got a big weekend coming up,we have the 16th Deer Classic start this weekend,we will shoot
18 deer and 2 Turkey.It scores 10-8 and a wound is -3 ,a miss is 0.What we were trying to show   it is better to miss than wound. It can really mess with your score if you wound one it is
like loosing 13 points.Then on opening weekend you go out and hunt and if you take a deer or Turkey you bring it to the club and we weight it and add them points to your score.I know
every year I hear people don't like compation while hunting and I have to agree somewhat but this
is a lot of fun and more about fellowship,no money to be won,just bragging rights.We also help skin
and process deer and man do we eat good Sat. and Sunday evenings of opening weekend. I still
need to put up a couple of stands and get all my hunting bow and arrows checked out and sharp.
We usually have a big crowed so it should be a blast.The good thing about this shoot is it is really laid back and all of the guys involved and truly good dedicated bow hunters,not just target folks.
I'll have some pictures Monday of the fun.Hope yall have a good one also.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2065 on: September 12, 2008, 07:27:57 am »
Sounds great Pappy, hope the weather co-operates for you. Shoot straight eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2066 on: September 12, 2008, 08:06:49 am »
I'll try,I would really like to win that fine knife Jesse donated to us.  :) You have a good weekend.
The weather is supposed to get rainy Sunday and Monday from Ike.  :) Not near as bad as them
poor folks in Texas,We'll be thinking about them.  :) and wish them luck.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2067 on: September 12, 2008, 08:45:56 am »
I'm certainly looking forward to it...but Pappy you've already got so many knifes, that I think I should be the one to win Jesse's fine knife! ;)

It's going to be tough for us selfbow guys, because we're shooting against some folks using custom traditional recurves and longbows. We'll do our best... :)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2068 on: September 12, 2008, 09:15:30 am »
Can't use that as an excuse,we all know that it's the shooter not the bow. We out shoot them guys pretty regular at normal shoots anyway.And a lot of the best shots won't kill a deer.So I don't feel
the least bit intimated by that.See ya in the morning.Ha whats for supper. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2069 on: September 12, 2008, 09:24:37 am »
There's two or three I have in mind that may be tough if they're using their Widow's during the shoot. I think we both feel more even with them when hunting... ;)
Greg