Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705081 times)

Offline Brother Dan

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2625 on: January 19, 2009, 06:35:29 am »
    How cold was it down there, the kids look really bundleled up. No matter how cold it is they still love to play in the creek.
Pappy, I'll let you know what weekend, might have a few tag alongs, Steve maybe Tom. Does the cold weather do any thing to the bow while your working on it during this time of year.
    Also Brother Tom is a new grandpa, his son and son's wife had a boy Friday, big one , 81/2 lbs. talk to you later.

Brother Dan

Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2626 on: January 19, 2009, 07:58:36 am »
It was about 2 for the low Friday the about 12 Sat. morning.Friday it was a high of 20 and Sat. in the low 30 with wind.No it really don't do nothing to the bow,just the builder. ;) :) Need lots of
antifreeze. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2627 on: January 19, 2009, 08:05:41 am »
We had a pretty good event Saturday night with a lot of kids getting to shoot traditional equipment during an indoor archery contest. We also had our selfbows and some tools for discussing selfbows. Gave away some PA magazines, and some flyers for our shoot schedule. I'll try and get some pictures posted...

I went and took down some stands yesterday. Keith had mentioned the weekend after next, and I'm sure we'll be into roughing in bows pretty heavy by then, so I took down the five most difficult to get to stands and figure I've done my share. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2628 on: January 19, 2009, 09:47:51 am »
Glad the event whet well Greg,I knew you and BigA could handle it.Hope you won over a few,
1 at a time ,that's what we do. Sorry you missed a good meal but I am sure you done us proud at the wild game supper. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2629 on: January 19, 2009, 11:17:54 am »
this thread never leaves me without a smile.  :)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline BearG

« Reply #2630 on: January 19, 2009, 02:07:21 pm »
Only 96 days until I'll be down again, but who's counting >:D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2631 on: January 19, 2009, 09:53:21 pm »
I thought I'd post a few pictures taken Saturday morning at the club, and later in the evening at an event at a local church where we showed some of our selfbow's and discussed the process of making them, gave away some PA magazines and had an indoor archery tornament for kids.

The first picture is of Pappy explaining in detail how his redbone hound's lips used to quiver when tracking a deer across water...cracks me up every time he tells that story! Pappy and Ron shooting my dogwood bow, Anthony and Beverly's great-nephew Curtis (little red-headed boy), Anthony, Keith, and Doug (watching the kids shoot).

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2632 on: January 20, 2009, 05:48:42 am »
Cool pictures,and thanks Greg,glad you like that story. ;) ;D
       Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2633 on: January 23, 2009, 06:18:26 am »
Well it is Friday again,Man the week has flown. :) Deer season is over so now all thats left in the tree rats.I was planning on going after them in the morning but KingRon informed me we have a club meeting at 8 am.so much for that.We do have a lot to cover,we are hosting the TTAS
[Tennessee Trad.archery society] banquit this year at the club the last week of Feb.We will have over a hundred attending so we have some plans to make on that.Then we have our first shoot
3rd weekend of March,and then on to the Classic so the spring is full and lots to do.I do want to finish my ash bow,got the tip worked down last night and string grooves re-cut so I am ready to finish up tweaking the tiller and bringing into weight.Also I think Greg and I are going to our wood stash and bring some Hickory up to the shop to get started on.Hopefully some good eating also.
Always something going on,but I love it.Hope yall have a good one also.Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2634 on: January 23, 2009, 08:28:11 am »
Don't forget we have stands to take down before long!

I couldn't refuse my buddy Jesse so I'll be trying to work in a dozen cane arrows in the next couple of months along with bow strings and stringers for the Classic...and roughed in bows. Lot of primitive archery stuff to take place in the next few months. ;D

Jesse's goin' give me a tanned deer hide, fine flint knife(he hasn't made it yet, but I know it'll be fine!), and some fine arrow heads! :)
Jesse, I may not have the full dozen finished by the Classic...but I'll try! ;) Need to make me some too sometime, deer season was rough on my supply.
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2635 on: January 23, 2009, 08:49:59 am »
You coming down today or Sat  Greg.? I think KingRon is coming this evening.I will be ther around 12/1.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #2636 on: January 23, 2009, 09:47:53 am »
Man oh Man, I tell ya life is always good at Pappys Place. Looking good.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline John K

« Reply #2637 on: January 23, 2009, 12:26:57 pm »
Have a good weekend guys !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2638 on: January 23, 2009, 12:50:36 pm »
Jesse, I may not have the full dozen finished by the Classic...but I'll try!  Need to make me some too sometime, deer season was rough on my supply.

Greg thats ok.. i gotta get my end done and i have to have time to finish my little sinew bow before the classic. and i am ganna tern my braintanned back quiver into a planes stile quiver and make a real nice braintanned strap for it to..  those are my planes and i only ganna have 1 1/2 months to get it all done.. should have plenty of time to do it and play with the ladies ;D
Mililani Hawaii

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2639 on: January 23, 2009, 02:01:21 pm »
I'm in no hurry Jesse on the hide and knife/points...sometime during the summer would be fine.

Pappy, I'll probably come down in the morning instead of this afternoon unless something changes.
Greg