Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694213 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4920 on: June 21, 2010, 06:46:56 am »
Had a great weekend,got a lot more cleaning up done and also had time to work on a few projects
I wanted to do,got a finish on my new [BigKnife] turned out nice,don't know what I will use it for but it is heavy and big for sure,I also made a new bow for my fire starting set,it worked out very good.I also made a couple of Turkey strikers,one of Hickory and not sure about the second one,just a piece of wood laying around,Hope yall had a good one also.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4921 on: June 21, 2010, 06:54:58 am »
Had a lot of kids visit,we like that. Bo Bo's bow  on the board putting a little reflex and heat treating,I also gave him a little Hickory bow,that boy loves bows. Also had some of GreB's friends came down just to look around. Jackie was there with his son,he is a compound guy that is getting the Trad/primitive bug.We let him shoot some stuff we had,he loved it and said he had a whole new
respect and outlook on the stuff we shoot. Kind of humbling to him. ;) :)   
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4922 on: June 21, 2010, 07:01:32 am »
BoBo's bow off the form,looks good.Me and Jimmy got a chance to do a little shooting,That
was nice,we both shot pretty good but need more practice before the world that's for sure. :)
GregB just relaxing and his brother Earl,still working on knives,I told him he needs to finish at least one before he starts another,he has been working on 2 or 3 for several months now.We did manage to get one handle flat and some scales cut and fitted before he left Sat. night. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4923 on: June 21, 2010, 07:08:11 am »
Didn't do much cooking this weekend,just me a night and I can eat anything, ;) :) Had wild Turkey breast left over from Shanon and my supper last week Friday night,then Sat. evening a buddy brought me some good old Pork ribs,peaceful nights,a good meal and a little Military channel,can't beat that. :) :) Early to bed early to rise,don't know about the healthy ,wealthy and wise part. ;) :) :)
Life is good.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4924 on: June 21, 2010, 09:27:45 am »
Man, those ribs and beans look good.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #4925 on: June 21, 2010, 09:59:07 am »
Yep looks like another good un thanks for posting thats what gets me out of bed on monday. Life is good.
Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #4926 on: June 21, 2010, 10:22:22 am »
Pappy did you start the camp fire with your bow drill?
 Ill be down in the next few days to get the wood off the hill.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4927 on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:40 am »
Yep,if you do you will have to use the Nissan,u joint out in the Kobota,taking it to the shop this evening.  :) I was wondering where you were this weekend. :) I figured out hunting rock or busting rock somewhere. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #4928 on: June 21, 2010, 11:20:54 am »
He needs to drive the Nissan so he can even out the dents - put one in the other side  ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4929 on: June 22, 2010, 06:30:30 am »
Dents in the Nissan,you are kidding.I have the Kobota ripped apart in my drive at the house,
it needs u joints in both rear drive axles and a rear end yoke,also a u joint in the front of the drive shaft that drives the front axles. Got it torn down and all cleaned up,now all I need is some parts,maybe today if they have them. :) :) Should be up and running by the weekend,hope so,
we really need and use that thing. :) :) It's been a good one,this is the first work I have had to do to it in 5 years and has really been used and abused. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4930 on: June 25, 2010, 06:43:46 am »
Friday again,got a lot to do around the club,I'll be glad when all the shoots are over,I love them but also hate them. No parts for my Kobota yet, UPS lost in Georgia,at least that is what the dealer said,they always blame it on UPS. I am sure we will get into something,at least it has cooled off a
little.80 targets are supposed to be delivered Sat. morning so we will have or hands full with
that.Hope yall have a good one. see yall Monday with pictures I am sure. :) Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4931 on: June 25, 2010, 07:33:59 am »
Friday again....what's Friday...and why don't You   work on them? Man I need to figure out what I am doing wrong....and  How to find Me one of them there Monday to Friday .....8 hour a day ....40 hour a week Jobs.....I am still at work...don't get off till 7 am.....and haven't had a day off in a month....and they just told Us....unless We lose  Our Contract....We can look forward to at least 77 more nights of them...(11 more weeks)..... So have fun and take lots of Pictures for Me Pappy....it's the only daytime I will get to enjoy for a while....got to love Construction..... :-[.....I will look like an Albino by the time this is over.... ::)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:40:22 am by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4932 on: June 25, 2010, 07:57:48 am »
I feel you pain El, Thats why 30 years ago I quit construction work.A man has to work and the way things are now I guess it's good just to have a job, I would still do it if I had to ,too have a job,just ant had to in a while. I do feel blessed  thats for sure.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RG

« Reply #4933 on: June 25, 2010, 09:42:56 am »
Pappy you gonna be there around noon Me and two grandsons thinking about driving down

Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4934 on: June 25, 2010, 01:12:03 pm »
 Cool,On my way in just a little while. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good