Author Topic: Received (arrow exchange)  (Read 31195 times)

Offline dmc

Re: Received (arrow exchange)
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2013, 08:07:50 pm »
I just got back from a caribou trip this afternoon, and the Mrs. said that a tube came a week ago in the mail. I quickly opened a nice work of art from Dan (DGF). A real nice two fletched turkey feather with self nock, complete witha two bladed broad head. Thanks Dan, I am looking forward to shooting it in our deer season.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline DGF

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2013, 09:54:18 am »
I'm glad you like it and hope it serves you well this season.  :)

-Dan
Wyoming, MI

Offline artcher1

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2013, 09:54:37 am »
Everyone received their arrow?  Art

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2013, 10:41:28 pm »
I havent received yet, but I havent been home in a week either.  I also haven't shipped yet.  My apologies to my recipient.  I did let old hippie know in advance that I would be late, but now that our Oregon archery season ended I can get caught up. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2013, 12:32:17 am »
Not yet, but won't be home 'til this Friday.  Hopeful there's a package when I return.
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2013, 02:45:05 am »
Two things:

I received my trade arrow a while back from dmc, it is a nice fir shaft he made from some really old cabinets, and a nice steel broadhead he made (would not have guessed it was homemade!), and a hardwood self-nock. 

I have not shipped a trade arrow to my recipient yet.  I let ol hippie know I was going to be late, but I never thought it would be this late.  I have many times thought of doing the easy thing, which would be to grab an arrow from my hunting quiver and send it along, but from the get go I had an arrow in mind that I wanted to make for my recipient.  I want to stick to that and make it specifically for my guy.  So I apologize for the extreme tardiness on this, but I will get this trade arrow made and shipped...
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline oldhippy

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2013, 11:02:11 am »
   Hey guys, I want to thanks to all that participated in the swap. I think it went well with only one or two mishaps a couple of slackers and one fagout. I think that you guys and girl are some of the most talented people that I know. The arrows that I received are outstanding and the arrows posted on the forum were works of art. I guess that I will have to start making some more for next time if you all are open to another trade.
   Oh yea I just about forgot, Scottski, I talked to Eric yesterday and he is busy at work and deer hunting, so if it is OK with you, I will send you an arrow that I made.
    Thanks again everyone. Peace, Steve
I'm only a figment of my own imagination (:::.)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2013, 11:42:16 am »
Pretty sad this swap isn't 100% hippy. Its a damn arrow for heavens sake. A SINGLE ARROW!!!!!!!!!! It didn't have to be made at the time, just A SINGLE ARROW from your quiver. That's pathetic and inexcusable.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2013, 11:55:27 am »
This was an excellent trade and I would like to participate again should you all decide.

And PD you are absolutely right, no excuse for screwing this one up.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2013, 05:59:58 pm »
I'm kinda with Pearlie, "sorry, busy I'm hunting and working???". Hey, where were your priorities when you signed up. Work, I can understand,, hunting??

Thanks, Steve, this was fun and I probably made a better arrow then I hunt with if I made it. But, I hunt with ArtB arrows :) Count me in next time.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline artcher1

« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2013, 06:33:01 pm »
. But, I hunt with ArtB arrows :) 

No doubt just the straight ones, right Eddie? ;)

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2013, 08:40:27 pm »
I'm in for sure.  Had a great time and got to meet some fun folks out there!  Already got my next one made so I can go to work and hunt and whatever else comes up...just need an address!  ;) >:D ;D
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2013, 04:57:29 pm »
. But, I hunt with ArtB arrows :) 

No doubt just the straight ones, right Eddie? ;)
My hunting arrows are in the house in plastic cases. ;) The ones in the shop are a mixture of everything and carbons.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline EricWard

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2013, 10:37:30 pm »
Sorry fellas for being a slacker and screwing this up ill get on that arrow right now just been very busy and a lot going on right now

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2013, 02:58:14 pm »
Eric, better late than never.  I just completed my trade arrow (now your trade arrow Eric Ward!). Shipping today. Somehow I am relieved that my recipient is also late  :)
Hopefully, we are not banished to Eddie's little black book. If I am allowed to enter future trades, I will try not to sign-up for one right before my wife and I split-up and I find out my dad has stage IV prostate cancer.    ??? ???:-\ :'( :'( ::)