Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 351032 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #1185 on: September 07, 2015, 02:48:54 pm »
Pincushin, when you applied to be in the trade last year, your bows were definitely not up to snuff.  Between the two of us running the trade, I was the one that was the most hesitant to include you.  But you knocked a couple out quick and there was a real improvement in your work.  The one thing I could never fault you over was your passion for makin' bows! 

For that matter, I still can't spell doulochrisosupercallifragiliciousexpiallidocious's name either. But he sure makes a nice bow, don't he?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline pincushin

« Reply #1186 on: September 07, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »
Thanks jw that means a lot

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #1187 on: September 07, 2015, 09:52:03 pm »
I think there is a place for those who flake out on trades to be known. Perhaps it is a person to person information exchange.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #1188 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:54 am »
<snip>
For that matter, I still can't spell doulochrisosupercallifragiliciousexpiallidocious's name either. But he sure makes a nice bow, don't he?

In deed he (Doulos Para Christos) - slave of Christ I think - does make a GREAT bow.  I have one I still shoot from his line from the Red Oak Bow Trade a few years back.  It is a favorite of mine.

...and just to connect to the context of the conversation, perhaps one positive technique we could use rather than a List of Shame posting would be a List of Fame posting.  Surely that'd be OK with the PA site staff.  Maybe...  I actually think human nature is kinda working against us here to some degree, no matter what we try to do to remedy things.

OneBow

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1189 on: September 08, 2015, 10:36:42 am »
Most of the low life's get ran out of here. I know bad Chris and I weren't nice to a few hosers last year. Haven't seen them since, notta' once.

I watch all the trade sign ups like a hawk, if I see a loser on the list I'll send a PM to the facilitator.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #1190 on: September 08, 2015, 11:55:20 am »
Most of the low life's get ran out of here. I know bad Chris and I weren't nice to a few hosers last year. Haven't seen them since, notta' once.

I watch all the trade sign ups like a hawk, if I see a loser on the list I'll send a PM to the facilitator.

You guy's wasn't nice to me when I first started. But I'm still around!  >:D Maybe it's because I sucked at making bows when I started. Na, couldn't be!   >:D

I really appreciate the effort that you put into this site. As well as several others. I know I have been warned about trading with certain people. But always privately through pms. I watch all the trade transactions that I can.

One thing I do when trading with someone new is to ask them to send their item first. And then take a picture of the tracking info and send it to me  before I will drop my end in the mail. I haven't done a bunch of trading online but all of the ones I have traded with so far have been great. With the exception of this bow trade.

I guess whoever has my name is a gutless yellow belly sap sucker. I'm done with this 2015 bow trade!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #1191 on: September 08, 2015, 12:05:46 pm »
And the Fury was born a year later. See, it worked Patrick! Tough love is the only love :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #1192 on: September 08, 2015, 12:16:50 pm »
Mean and honest are two completely different beasts. Honest can sometimes hurt more than mean, but helps more than being kind and skirting the issue.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #1193 on: September 08, 2015, 12:22:44 pm »
And the Fury was born a year later. See, it worked Patrick! Tough love is the only love :)

Tour right buddy, just like the Marines!  Knock you down just to prove to yourself how much better you are when you get back up!
By the way, I'm still shooting that bow that had the bad whoopty-doo out of the fade that you and PatB helped me with. I'm hunting with it. Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #1194 on: September 08, 2015, 06:31:15 pm »
Is someone stepping up to make Patrick a bow. Since his guy must not be?
Patrick poured his hear into his trade bow for me and I will start one and do the same for him. He deserves better than a dead beat trader. I heard they had some people like blackhawk that is willing to make a back up bow if need be. Well if everything falls through I will dig through my wood pile and get started on a bow for Patrick.

Offline sleek

« Reply #1195 on: September 08, 2015, 07:21:09 pm »
Patrick,  looks like you have your pic of bowyers bud! I was hoping you would get one from who drew your name, and from the looks of it, nobody knows who it is that got your name. I said earlier id make you one. If you can stand my risky off tillered bows that is?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #1196 on: September 08, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »
Is someone stepping up to make Patrick a bow. Since his guy must not be?
Patrick poured his hear into his trade bow for me and I will start one and do the same for him. He deserves better than a dead beat trader. I heard they had some people like blackhawk that is willing to make a back up bow if need be. Well if everything falls through I will dig through my wood pile and get started on a bow for Patrick.
Patrick,  looks like you have your pic of bowyers bud! I was hoping you would get one from who drew your name, and from the looks of it, nobody knows who it is that got your name. I said earlier id make you one. If you can stand my risky off tillered bows that is?

Guys I really appreciate it, really I do! But let's not forget that I'm not the only person that didn't get a bow in this trade. I know that JoJoDapyro and myself haven't received yet but I thought there was one more.
I would be happy though if someone was willing to make me a bow, as that is one of the reasons I got in this trade, to get a bow from another bowyer. Bob and Kevin, you guy's are top notch in my book. And is anyone else that offered to make a bow to replace the deadbeats. Patrick

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #1197 on: September 08, 2015, 07:52:00 pm »
Oh, and by the way I just got home from my trip and there is no package at my door. So as I said before, I'm done with the bow trade. Patrick

Offline sleek

« Reply #1198 on: September 08, 2015, 08:03:54 pm »
Mo-coon hasnt recieved either. He is taking it very well considering I havent heard a peep from him. I think I got a stave for him settin right here.... just gadda check his stats.

Offline sleek

« Reply #1199 on: September 08, 2015, 08:07:14 pm »
40-50@27.  Yup, I got a stave for him, already got a ring chased on it too.