Author Topic: Building the Vine Maple Bow - Finished  (Read 121720 times)

Offline portlandfire

Re: Building the Vine Maple Bow - Finished
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2015, 03:14:14 pm »
Wizardgoat said it perfect.  l second his thoughts with a great big Thank you!

Offline Gordon

« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2015, 03:21:49 pm »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the really nice compliments.
Gordon

Offline dantolin

« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2015, 04:32:20 pm »
Thanks a lot for this, Gordon, and congratulations for your crafting skills.
Regards from sunny Spain  :)
David

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2015, 04:34:38 pm »
very nice on the finish work,, and I like the way you handled the tiller ,, congrats

Offline Tree_Ninja

• Clandestine Bow-ops
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2015, 06:05:03 pm »
This is build-a-long (and the others) is worth a million bucks.

I feel like it should be replicated and spread in different formats and media (with full res photo's).

I think you could reach many audience's and inspire a huge amount of people with these build alongs.  Truly book worthy.
Perhaps securing your intelluctual property rights or ensuring that this remains open-source public domain would be the first step to making this available to the greater public.

Once again your craftmanship, attention to detail and artistry is a complete inspiration (not to mention the neatness of your shop).

Congrats and thank you so much for the extra time and effort you put into producing this work of art. Words cannot express the admiration.

-TN

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:09:33 pm by Tree_Ninja »

Offline Gordon

« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2015, 06:12:07 pm »
TN, thank you for the wonderful compliment. I have no desire to profit from this work. I am simply paying something back to the PA community for all they have done for me and others.
Gordon

Offline GB

« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2015, 06:20:40 pm »
I love this build-along.  I think it's the most thorough walk through in text and pictures that I've ever seen.  Thanks for posting it, Gordon.
Beautiful bow!
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline Green

« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »
Thank You So Much Gordon for the commitment to teaching us in fine detail.  The bow turned out spectacularly and I learned SOOOOO many of the finer details that get left out in other mediums.   

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2015, 10:29:13 pm »
I enjoyed following along on your build Gordon. There is a lot of valuable information to be gained from this thread. Nicely organized and clear pictures and explanations of your methods for all you do to take it from stave to finished bow. I learned a lot from your past hazelnut build along and a bit more from this one. Thanks for taking the time to do it again. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Strongbow

« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2015, 11:15:34 pm »
Gordon,

Thank you for taking the time to put this build-along together for us.  Once again I learned several new ideas and bowyer tricks I can take back to the shop.  I am sure I will be back to this post numerous times to help me along the way.

As to your finished vine maple bow: It is a classic design we have seen many times, but executed with the highest standards of workmanship and finish detail.  I have seen many bows here with beautiful tillers, but few that combined it with such a flawless finish.  BOM material.

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2015, 11:52:03 am »
 I for one think your tutorials are awesome. I pick up on little bitts of info. like using mineral spirits to identify tool marks, genius.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2015, 01:13:16 pm »
The best step by step buildalong I know, very precise and informative. Thanks for sharing your technics Gordon.
The end result is absolutely stunning, finish and tiller is spot on. This is a master's work for sure!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline gifford

« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2015, 07:05:21 pm »
I've thoroughly enjoyed your build-along with Vine Maple, outstanding work, excellent presentation. Thank you for posting it. Dang, that's a fine looking bow.

Offline papagus

« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2015, 07:50:22 pm »
Thank you for the build along and congratulations on a fine bow. Just bookmarked it for future reference. You are a true master teacher of this craft!!

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2015, 07:08:18 am »
Very well done Gordon,  Your finish work and attention to detail is truly masterful