Author Topic: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 115507 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2016, 12:53:34 pm »
Thats true Paul, I'm kinda the same way about the "I needs"  but it's the "I wants"  that I have trouble with!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2016, 01:02:13 pm »
We will have enough food to last us all 4 weeks! I used to worry about it, I don't anymore. Clint goes to town twice a day for pizza, so you can always have him grab whatever you forget :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2016, 01:18:57 pm »
Long as we don't run outta beer . . . . . .
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2016, 01:49:31 pm »
Nevahhhh!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2016, 01:53:07 pm »
I enjoy trade blankets, also.  If it were solely up to me, I would outlaw cash.   No trade blanket items could be sold for cash, that is.  Only for other "items".  Just my two cents...
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2016, 05:23:27 pm »
We will have enough food to last us all 4 weeks! I used to worry about it, I don't anymore. Clint goes to town twice a day for pizza, so you can always have him grab whatever you forget :)

That was only one time Pearl.  This year at the Classic I got sent on a beer run.  First time in my life that I've bought any beer.  I even got carded.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2016, 05:59:57 pm »
Must be us short guys. I got carded till I was 40 and my hair turned gray it use to bug me next thing I know I'm getting junk about joining AARP
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2016, 09:04:51 pm »
I thought Marshall was one big trade blanket,  and I never see any money change hands till the auction !
The vendors all think we are a bunch of poor folks that can't afford anything LOL

The Saturday night auction is what keeps us going , and I sure thank you all for donating and for buying !!
little less than 9 days now bubby
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bubby

« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2016, 09:17:33 pm »
I thought Marshall was one big trade blanket,  and I never see any money change hands till the auction !
The vendors all think we are a bunch of poor folks that can't afford anything LOL

The Saturday night auction is what keeps us going , and I sure thank you all for donating and for buying !!
little less than 9 days now bubby

😃
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2016, 10:09:18 pm »
I think I'll be right at home, sounds just like mojam! Just not as hot and a lot farther away.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2016, 10:17:19 pm »
You guys can't laugh at my shooting.  I've been to busy to fling any arrows except for testing out a few bows.  I'm trying to get 4 new bows finished in time to bring with me.  Plus some other projects that I'm working on at night.  I'm ready to relax for a few days.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2016, 07:18:29 am »
No excuses.

Stringman

« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2016, 08:59:26 am »
You guys can't laugh at my shooting.  I've been to busy to fling any arrows except for testing out a few bows.  I'm trying to get 4 new bows finished in time to bring with me.  Plus some other projects that I'm working on at night.  I'm ready to relax for a few days.

You telling me it got worse? :o :o :laugh:

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2016, 09:00:52 am »
Yah, now he only draws 21.5" instead of a solid 23".

Stringman

« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2016, 09:05:36 am »
He was short drawing the crap out of it at TN... Course I was hitting more rocks than foam on my practice run.

You all are gonna haveta make my wife feel at home. This is her first time coming to an event with me and I think she's a little worried.  >:D