Author Topic: two-fletch test  (Read 41035 times)

Dustybaer

Re: two-fletch test
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2008, 04:37:03 pm »
thanks guys.  you know, i wouldn't invest that much work into my own arrows, but in this case it was worth it.  i think they came out ok and i liked the way they resembled the 4 colors in the crest.  the feathers gave me tho most trouble.  after dying and drying them i had problems cutting them into shape, so they turned out a little fuzzy at the edges.

greg, that's exactly what she said.  ;D  but i was able to talk her into shooting them.  even broke one tip off, but the shaft was still long enough, so i just put another tip on it and the set is still complete.  besides, she's an excellent shot, so i don't fear to much for the arrows  ;D

pappy, i think it's more the shape you cut them into than the type of feather.  i'll test some secondaries and let you know.

pat, i knew you couldn't resist.  yes in deed and she shoots much better than me.  wins the selfbow category allmost every time.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2008, 05:55:00 pm »
 ;D >:D    Those are nice arrows, Marius. I'm sure she is proud of them. 8)  Maybe it time for a few arrows on her family crest.  ;)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2008, 04:49:45 am »
thanks pat.  she actually loves them.  you know, you could tell her about the arrows on the crest yourself.  she's trying to get registered on the board.  her handle will be doreen.

Doreen

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2008, 03:47:04 pm »
here i am!

hello evybody!  :) :)

itīs important for me to let you know,i am more than lucky with these arrows!

first of all,i know how much work it is to build them

and than,dusty always said during he buildt them,if they donīt fly you can hang them on the wall ,because i said they are too good locking to shoot them!!

but i love them watching them flying,i feel like they never miss the kill!!

Doreen

p.s. sorry about my english,i am just learning it and thats the best way to do it here!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2008, 04:39:09 pm »
Welcome Doreen! Those arrows Marius made are too pretty not to shoot. It would be a shame to let them just hang on the wall.       Do you make bows?       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC