Author Topic: New Rule Plus 1 (please read)  (Read 157957 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Re: New Rule
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 11:34:14 am »
"1: The thread or post is removed and you get a warning."

I think that moderaters should be warey against removing whole threads if the OP was not cause of the problem, as that would be highly unfair to the OP.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 11:37:07 am »
That is why it is phrased the way it is
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 01:52:07 pm »
i agree and if i have said ANYTHING that offends some one please let me know and it will not happen again.
doc

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 10:54:50 pm »
No problem, we'll delete it and give you a warning. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tower

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 10:44:06 pm »
I'm new to bow building. This site has more information & in-site into bow building than the Encyclopedia Britannica. I've noticed some people are fairly opinionated. I chalk this up to our American heritage , a good thing. It makes us who we are . I don't mind offending people if I feel strong about what I believe in. With all that being said I'm here to learn . This is the best site on the web for primitive archery , & arts. I'm grateful for this. If I offend anyone take it with a grain of salt. I know there are almost as many ways to build a bow or Knapp a point as there are Bowyers & knappers.  Thank you & GOD bless this country!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 10:54:40 pm by Tower »
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 08:14:23 pm »
How about locking down rule postings so they don't become polls on who likes the rule? Whole lot of "are you talkin to ME!" and "Yeah! Preach it bro! You da man!."

Just doesn't seem useful.

Jim Davis
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 09:25:18 pm »
I rarely participate whith dialouge on the internet for this exact reason. I'm a guy that likes to get his imformation, do his thing, and pretty much keep to myself. I don't have time for arguments, and alpha male contests, I just wanna learn about bows. This is my first post here, but I wated to say I am impressed with this communities attitude regarding this type of behavior, and I look forward to a plesent, and benifcial experience on this forum.
Thanks for taking time to read the rules.  :laugh:
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 02:56:28 pm »
I don't talk alot on the posts, but I sure do read alot of them and learn. If it were not for you guys and girls out there, with more knowledge about bows, and being able to teach us novices, it would be a pretty sad world, keep up the good work, and lets learn together.

Robb
live each day the best you can

Offline warpath

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 11:05:25 pm »
I have left other sites because of the negativity and bashing going on. I make no secret that i own a business where i make and sell archery equipment and that always seemed to draw the people that told me that theirs was better and I should throw in the towell because I will never be as good as they are! Haven't had that happen here. I'm here to help those just starting out and learn from those with new ideas and doing things the old way. I will happily trade but never sell on here unless I'm asked to. Everyone on here has been great so far and I love the input and help that I've received.

G

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 11:31:17 pm »
Well warpath, I am here to tell you that your bows are far better than mine and I might as well throw in the towel because I will never be as good as you are.   >:D

Post your bows, add your comments, pitch in doing the dishes when it's your turn and you will always be welcome here.  Nice to meetcha!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline warpath

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 11:39:58 pm »
Thanks JW! That means alot to me! :)

G

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 08:31:52 pm »
I put what I considered a public service message about the customer service of a certain Bow company out of Washington and it was removed.  I was not trying to do anything other than inform the public who view or post to be careful of purchasing products from them unless they are willing to wait till the zombies arrive or lose money in the event of cancellation.
That was all
...oh, I may have used one bad word
Well since you only registered today and your first post was to complain, it appears that the only reason you registered is to complain so no big surprise it was removed. We don't put up with shenanigans like that. We also don't put up with attacks or foul language not even when it is typed IN ALL CAPS.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 09:20:12 am »
Aaaaaaand cut!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 12:48:19 pm »
After being around here for a bit you will get a feel for how it works. For the most part this site is dedicated to the craft of primitve articles, not so much vendor reviews. Maybe try to start again on the right foot with a post regarding a build, or a future build you have in mind in the 'Bows" section. Rubber bows is Rudder bows, most of us are aware of them good or bad. A majority of us collect or swap for any and all raw materials anywho.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 12:59:18 pm »
Well said, Pearlie ;).
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?