Author Topic: water/cape buffulo with stone points........ has it been done??  (Read 47729 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: water/cape buffulo with stone points........ has it been done??
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 11:25:43 pm »
d.tiller i have a feeling your the one thats gonna get shot in the foot lol
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 07:00:08 am »
HAH... i just read this thread. lol..
 Tiller if your the camera man i dont reckon Eddie would ever get a shot, because you smell to sweet.
or maby water buffalo like sweet smelling men from the NW.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 03:35:59 pm »
I'll be smelling better than Eddie if we smother him in Cape Buf. masking scent!  ;D

Nah! I'll make up a special scented soap just for the hunt.

As to being the one shot in the foot....Who do you think will be carying the back up artillary? It wont be a piddly little .22 eather!!!  :o
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Keenan

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 11:38:32 pm »
  I've heard some where that Tiller has a collection of cow dung ::) I think that makes him the community expert to witness the doo doo dance up close.  :D
  Eddie your probably the olny one in the community that has enough kin folk in primitive archery to give the moral support and backing needed for the challenge and retalliation if things go sideways :o

All in favor of a Mullet /Tiller ballet   :o :o

Offline stickbender

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 11:43:35 pm »

Aye!  You have my vote.  Poor ol Buffalo doesn't have a chance......With all the strange odors, he won't be able to decide be in love, or barf.  Don't let them Brow beat you Eddie!  ;D :D
                                                                    Wayne

Offline billy

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 09:27:05 pm »
I'm sure it could be done.  Just use a powerful bow and heavy shafts.  I've heard of guys hunting asian water buffalo with shafts made of Ipe and were shooting recurves pulling 70-80 lbs.  For the stone point, I'd prefer a thicker point made of some raw, tough stone (no cooked stone here).  You want strength, so you need strong stone.  I'll bet you could do it though.  It would take commitment and practice to be able to shoot a bow of such power with accuracy, but I say DO IT!!  Then write an article to Outdoor life and call all those other wheelie bow fanatics a bunch of pencil pushin' pansies who wear ladies undies and smell like rose farts!!
Marietta, Georgia

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 09:41:21 pm »
  What do you say Tiller? I bet Calendargirl and Sarah would sponsor it , ya know.  ;D I got the plane tickets and the 22, you bring the soap and a good camera. 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 09:56:16 pm »
Eddie, save me a ticket. Maybe I could hit something that big.........;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 10:54:13 pm »

Roses have farts?
     I have seen bees ignore a rose before, but I never knew why.  Hmm, who would of thought...... ;D

Wayne

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 03:00:33 am »
Eddie, you think they would go for it? You hunt the Cape Buffalo and I will film it. I get to carry the .22 though!!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 04:02:23 am »
All who is willing could donate $20 bucks to the Eddie , Tiller safari.
 Hell I'd do it.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 02:49:31 pm »
How about we both take a buff and both film it being done?

All right guys! Anty up!!!  ;D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 03:33:02 pm »

I think the safari films are usually done first, and then they are sold to a buyer......Wouldn't want my safari money to go for new bow wood, tools, land leases, zombie movies, beer,and such.  I think it would make a great tragic comedy.  Why just the look on the faces of the native bearers, would be worth the price of admission.  Not to mention the look of satisfaction on the Buffalo!  I think it would probably be the first time anyone has seen a buffalo actually grin!  At first they might mistake his rolling in the dirt on his back as just getting a dust bath, till see the grin, and the tears coming out his eyes.  The cost of native bearers would be a profit actually, as I do believe they would pay to be able to see this.  Of course crowd control would probably be a problem also.  Might have to do this at night.  But that might be fire hunting......but it is a "Primitive" style hunt.   Hmm, might just be worth while to invest in something like.  I could do interviews......"Yes sir, I knew one of em.  No sir, I don't have any idea why they would do that.  No sir, I don't know what they did with the remains.  But there is supposed to be a rather green spot of vegatation, where all this happened.  No sir, I guess it must've been from some fertilizer dumped in that spot.  Yeah, I could probably get you pictures of them before they went over there.  Might not be exactly in their favor though, they are in their hunting get up, and they have ......"wood bows, and arrows, and the arrows, have stone points, that are tied on, and glued.  Yes sir, that is what they went after the buffalo with.  I don't know where they got that idea.  Probably something off the internet.  No sir, I don't know if they did drugs.  Not before they went over there anyway.  Well I can't say for sure, because they were in the sixties, and I can show you a web site, about Eddie, and well since Tiller hung out with him, well you know what they say about feathers on birds.  What, oh, sorry, I had a seed pop, here let me put this out, I'll save that little bit for later, oh, what were we talking about? oh, yah, you know what they say about people who hang out together.  No, No, not that, you know being alilke and such.  Yes sir, you're welcome, that will five dollars, cash please. "

Wayne

Offline sailordad

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 06:34:26 pm »
stickbender,

thats funny

and it is true what they say about birds of a feather ;D ;)

peace,
                                                                                       tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 07:36:57 pm »
Heck! I resemble that!!!