Author Topic: Best Arrow Set  (Read 156937 times)

Dustybaer

Re: Best Arrow Set
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 04:19:02 pm »
this my second set.  first picture shows how it started.  second picture shows how it ended (after about 2 years of tournaments)  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dustybaer

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 04:31:27 pm »
and these are sets i made for friends (mostly birthday presents)  ;D

as you can tell, i finally saw the light and did away with those awefull plastic nocks.  the last two sets have selfnocks  ;D

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 04:39:52 pm »
Dustybear, fantastic paint jobs on those arrows!  Am I seeing two-feather-fletch on the last two sets of arrows?
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Dustybaer

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 04:41:48 pm »
thanks.  yep, you sure do  ;D  and no glue.  just tied down.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 12:22:34 am »
Patrick, Marius is where I got the idea for the 2 fletch I use. Not too bad for a PBR drinking Transylvanian. ;D Hey, that makes 2 of us! :o  Nice arrows Marius. Aren't those the colors of Germany?
  Patrick, the cane shafts are natural color. I have been playing with some simple dye designs to break up the brightness but I don't think it really matters.  I usually glue in a piece of dowel or bamboo skewer before I cut the nock but it is not necessary. I think it protects the string better by eliminating sharp edges inside the nock. The wrap will keep it from splitting.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2008, 03:27:17 am »
thanks pat.  yes they are the colors of germany.  not too bad for a PBR drinking redneck  ;D  (and since i promissed not to, i won't bring up the fact that i haven't had a chance to try a BPR yet)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2008, 09:54:10 am »
Those are great looking arrows Marius.  I love the color splice you have done.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2008, 10:19:34 am »
Marius, come to the Classic and I promise you PBR! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2008, 10:20:18 am »
...again! ::)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2008, 11:37:28 am »
Marius don't let Pat poison you with that swill :P My brother is married to a german gal and she prefers Stroh's :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2008, 02:04:34 pm »
Dana, spell Strohs backwards. That is hat that beer is made of!  ;D   Pat

Offline DanaM

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2008, 02:17:42 pm »
Pat Stroh's is fire brewed Bohemian Beer, Pabst is just stump water :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2008, 03:44:10 pm »
Here is a set I made in 2003. Cedar shafts with self nocks reinforced with rawhide splines, crown dipped with Crylon green spray paint and sealed with water based poly. 2 points are Wensel's woodsmen BH and one obsidian point. Feathers are artificial barred 5 1/2" shield cut and rabbit zonkers tracers. Fletching glued with fletch tape and wrapped fore and aft with artificial sines. Obsidian point is hafted with pitch glue and wrapped with sinew and sealed with pitch varnish.

Dustybaer

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2008, 04:20:53 pm »
wow, those are nice, pat.  didn't mean to rib you..again.  just couldn't resist (i'm such a weak person  ;D).

thanks, justin.

dana, yeah, but she's a gal.  pat tells me, men (manly men, that is) drink PBR  ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2008, 04:51:05 pm »
 ;D 8)