Author Topic: Bow Give Away  (Read 12643 times)

sknight199017

Bow Give Away
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:01 pm »
First and formost I would like to thank my dad, (knightd), for helping me build this bow for this project.  Thanks dad!!  Part of my senior project was to do some kind of charity work.  This bow is for a child that does not have one.  If you have a child or know one that this bow would fit please put your name in a post.  I will put the names in a hat and have my little brother draw one.  This is my first bow so please be kind.  It is not perfect but it shoots well.  I will be drawing the names on May 7 and put up a post on here of who wins.  I will not be shipping out the bow until the first week in June as I have to have it for my senior project presentation on May 28.

The bow is a reflex/deflex bamboo backed ipe. 52"ntn 20#@20".The limbtip overlays are bocote.  It has an osage powerlam.  The handle woods are osage, canary wood, bocote, cocoabolo, and osage.

It makes me feel good to know that the bow is going to a child that at this moment does not have one.  The only thing that I ask for in return is a picture of the child with the bow.  Thanks very much.

Sierra Knight

Here are the pictures.

Offline Keenan

Re: Bow Give Away
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:04:14 pm »
Good for you, Sierra Knight. That is a very generous thing to do.  ;)

Offline HFD60

• HFD60'S PHOTO'S
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:04:37 pm »
Sierra that is an awsome looking bow, and a great thing to do. I can't wait to see who the lucky one is. Again great job ;)
Rich Bistline
Harrisburg, PA

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 11:06:58 pm »
That is a great looking bow and an imaginative and very cool way to do some cherity. good on ya.

Dustin D.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 11:10:07 pm »
Beautiful job on your first bow Sierra and a beautiful gesture on your part too! 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 11:42:59 pm »

Hey Sierra! That is an awsome bow! ...and a great gesture!
Frank from Germany...

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:49 am »
Between her and my wife I'm going to need a lock on the inside of the door to my Man Cave.. >:D

Aosda

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 12:44:58 am »
Excellent job with the bow, and great idea for the give away.

Knight, you can always build yourself a bigger and better Man Cave ;D

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 05:40:23 am »
Well done great looking bow and a noble cause.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 06:15:59 am »
Great job and wonderful jester, It turned out very nic and I know some child will love it.
By the way I am only 6  ;) ;D ;D Looks like it would about fit my draw. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 06:32:45 am »
For some reason I can't see the pictures, but it really sounds great with all the different woods. I have two grandsons, twins, Chase and Aiden, I was going to look into getting bows for at the Classic or Cloverdale. Their birthday is coming up in July , so if I could, I would like to put their names in the hat. Thanks,  Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 07:15:08 am »
Awesome job Sierra :) Did you get a grade on yer papper yet?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 07:27:18 am »
Great bow and awesome job and jesture.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 07:42:14 am »
 :) :)  What a fantastic thing to do!  Great school project and a very generous offer.  Some lucky kid will get a bow that will start a possible life long adventure and you have started to give which will also be a lifetime experience as giving is itself a great reward.  As an old teacher I would say the project merits an A+!  :) :)  Sure beats the Herter's bow I started with!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 08:15:07 am »
That's a beautiful bow and a fine thing to do! I predict a child holding that bow with a huge smile on his or her face! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...