Author Topic: Stacey's bow from Dana M....  (Read 7942 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Stacey's bow from Dana M....
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:05:58 pm »
 Dana built this beautiful bow and offered to give it away to someone who would use it... I couldn't believe it when he sent this bow to Stacey, she hasn't put it down since and is really protective of who she lets touch it! ;D the bow is simply perfect, and is by far the prettiest bow ever made if you ask Stacey... good on you Dana.. your generosity has made it possible for her to have a great hunting bow all her own. There will be no creature with a heartbeat safe from feathered death now.. she even let me use her camera to take pics of her hunting yesterday.. hope you all enjoy.. and once again Thanks to Dana, you are a true brother of the bow and wilderness warrior and are welcome in my camp anytime.. Hawk

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:12:03 pm by hawkbow »
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: Stacey's bow from Dana M....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 01:13:34 pm »
 more pics!

[attachment deleted by admin]
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 01:20:14 pm »
You are right Hawk, that bow is simply perfect and simply beautiful also. Nice character bow, I would also be picky about who handled it.  Life really is good. You did good Dana.  Nice pictures but where is the snow? Any arrow loosed around here is an arrow lost ubless directed at the hay stack.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 01:21:11 pm »
Terrific gester, Dana.  

Hawk, you did a great job with the photos.  You can see the love Stacey has for this bow in her eyes.

Stacey, happy hunting.  Now go make some meat.  We'll be waiting for the pictures.  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 01:25:19 pm »
Nice work Dana, Ill bet this isn't the last picture we see of this bow.
Great looking pictures also.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 01:25:53 pm »
Man she makes the bow look good ;D Glad it arrived in one piece and I knew it was going to a good home.
I can't wait to see her make meat with it :) It was my pleasure Mike and ya never know someday I will take you up
on the campfire :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Jesse

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 01:30:38 pm »
Great gesture, awesome bow, and Mike your not bad behind the camera but Im sure it would be hard to take a bad picture when your pointing the camera at Stacy and that bow ;D.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 01:31:24 pm »
Great bow, and given to a great archer.  Nice job Dana M

Offline Dano

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 01:31:36 pm »
You da man Dana!!
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

vtclimber

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:38:15 pm »
Beautiful bow and a wonderful gesture!

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 02:52:37 pm »
Dana:  One beautiful bow and you certainly gave it to the right archer!  No one I know hunts as much as the Hustons so if I were a featherd Wyoming turkey, big buck deer, elk, or rabbit I would be in harm's way with Stacey and her new bow!!!  Hawk told me this morning that Stacey has about a 28" draw and that the arrows really fly out of that bow.  Now if he can just catch some of the action, we will all be able to see what a combination of bow and archer can do!  You did good Dana!   O:) O:) O:)  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 02:58:15 pm »
Thanks Joe if she's pulling it to 28" its maxed out, hope it survives as I only tillered it to 26" :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 03:30:08 pm »
If it is 40#@ 26" then I wonder what at@28" probably 45# plus.  Dosen't look like she is pulling 28"  in the pictures tho to me. Again beautiful bow to a good home. Really like the character and the handle wrap and over all good looks.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

half eye

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 03:38:32 pm »
Dana,
       One of the first bows I gave away was a little number ...also to a lady archer. I can tell you that no matter how much you and her dad are smiling that's a permanent grin on her face, you guys think thats a nice bow....well you can't even imagine what she thinks......Hawkbow...round these parts the native americans were exactly the same about keeping you heathin's paws off the owners bow....probably took her a couple hours to get them boy germs off it ;D    That look on her face is absolutely priceless!!!!!
half eye ;)

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 03:42:23 pm »
That's  a  good  looking  quiver,  is that suede?
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.